Poll Options
View poll results: What do you do?
Answer the payphone
81 72%
Dont answer the payphone
32 28%
Voters: 113.
Page 1 of 2
So you're strolling on down the sidewalk in the urban part of wherever you are, and you walk by a payphone, which happens to start ringing. There is no one else around, only you. What do you do? Do you pick it up? Or keep minding your business?
Seeing as how there are only two possible answers to this scenario, I can't help but feel it won't foster a great deal of discussion.

I, for one, would answer it.

EDIT: Oh, there's a poll. Carry on then.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Obligatory: It depends, who was phone?

Serious Answer: Yeah, I'd pick it up.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
I'd pick it up and not say anything. It's probably a test or something.

EDIT: Actually, I don't need to pick it up. When was the last time a piece of public property told me anything useful?
I would pick it up. It is probably the beginning of an action movie. I've always wanted to be an action hero.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.

Only bad things happen.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quick question: What have you got to lose from answering it? You can always just hang up whenever you want.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I would probably pick it up.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Quick question: What have you got to lose from answering it? You can always just hang up whenever you want.

Have you ever seen a movie called Phone Booth?
Of course, and I would tell them that they would die in 7 days before they could get to me.

That way whoever is out to kill me will be too busy being paranoid about whats gonna kill it.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by Kensai
**phone booth.jpg**
Only bad things happen.

this...but I'd really answer it, while remembering to run as fast as I can in a zig-zag fashion.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I ignore it and just stare at it, whilst walking past it... slowly.
Remember the movie phone booth, go to blockbuster and rent any other movie. ever.
I'd probably go up and rub my balls and taint on the receiver so that the person who actually answers it gets a little extra for their trouble.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

"can I call you back, I'm busy yanking it"
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Discover who was phone, then perform the obligatory poke-into-the-coin-slot-maneuver to see if anyone forgot to take their money.
nooooo man, ive seen the matrix, random ringing phones warp you to this place they call 'the real world' and you live on spaceships, eat shit food and get attacked by robot squids man!
Where are there even payphones anymore?
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
I'd answer it and say,"Leave the briefcase on the bench approximately 35 yards west of my position. I'll handle the documents and have one of my agents get back in touch with you."
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I'd be too afraid that whoever's on the other end would have a conversation with me that goes kinda like this:

Hello?
Hey stranger. pfffft
What do you want?
Oh, haha nothing... Nothing at all....
Is this real life Omegle?
I don't know what that is, but I RUBBED MY BALLS ALL OVER THAT PAAAHAHAHAHA

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I'd answer it and say,"Leave the briefcase on the bench approximately 35 yards west of my position. I'll handle the documents and have one of my agents get back in touch with you."

And he will say, "I'll be expecting the Mongoose to deliver my opium before 12, or I'll have you kneecapped, and put a carrot up your bum."
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Myfirstpubes
Have you ever seen a movie called Phone Booth?

Yeah, because that seemed like a pretty plausible scenario.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by bodyheatseeker
And he will say, "I'll be expecting the Mongoose to deliver my opium before 12, or I'll have you kneecapped, and put a carrot up your bum."

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Answer and say "Hello, this is Jenny Craig, if you have lost 15 pounds in the last week then good for you, if you haven't get over here fatty!"
Depends on one thing...

WHO WAS PHONE?
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
"Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?"
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
phone booth, die hard with a vengeance...if a public phone rings it means you're going to get trapped in some sort of game where you either do a lot of quick talking or a lot of running. not keen on either.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
i would put on my fake mustache and answer it, talking in an english accent
Quote by Kensai

Only bad things happen.

FUUUUUUUUU
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
poll needs more options...

i do one of two things. either pick up the handset then hang it back up, or troll the person on the other end of the line (typically the former of the two options).
Page 1 of 2