Hey,

Still continuing my amp search. Recently got to have a small jam on a Peavey Classic, and only a 1x10" combo but really liked the thing. However, it has a distinct lack of gain for some of the stuff I want to be playing, so what OD's should I be looking at to get me into Heavy Rock territory like The Blackout, Young Guns etc?

However, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pedal to get me some nice Marshall/Plexi Crunch out of it as well? Because i'm desperate to be able to replicate that tone without having to crank a single channel amp.

Any help is much appreciated.
For the Marshall crunch I would try a Rothwell Hellbender, the thing is amazing. If you just want a simple boost I would just go tubescreamer
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
The Peavey Classic should be able to pull of any Plexi-like sound you want. To get that heavier stuff your going to want to get a distortion pedal. What's your budget?
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, or MI Audio Crunch Box. The Barber Dirty Bomb is another solid pedal
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
That Crunch Box looks pretty cheap as well...is it gonna get me Plexi all the way up to my heavier needs or just one of those?
Crunch Box is a Marshall in a Box....driven plexi into JCM 800 territory....it doesn't clean up too well, but it does offer ballsy crunch. I miss mine for sure
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
In that case it might be just what you are looking for
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Crunch Box goes from a 70s rock tone to 80s hair. It even has the gain to do modern stuff, but it is very midrange voiced. It likes the gain knob around 11oclock and up though.
So, will the Crunchbox just beef up the clean channel or is it better with a semi-distorted tone already?
Quote by willT08
So, will the Crunchbox just beef up the clean channel or is it better with a semi-distorted tone already?
Either. The Crunch box has quite a lot of gain for such a small OD pedal, so if you already tend to use quite an overdriven tone on your Peavey, maybe you should keep the gain rolled back on the pedal so that it does not become overly fizzy/muddy.

Another pedal that is quite similar but more vintage, is a Crowther Audio Hotcake. You can pick one up from Sounds Great Music in Manchester online within your price range.

The Durham Electronics Zia Drive is incredibly tasty if you prefer a little more fuzz to your overdrive. Very difficult to find though.

MI Audio Blues Boy Deluxe is another awesome OD pedal. This one has enormous amounts of tweakability to it but not quite as much gain as the Crunch Box.

The Fulltone OCD is more liquid-like than the others. A very popular pedal with plenty of gain on tap. It's responsive as well even though it can become fuzzy with so much gain.

There is a T-Rex Mudhoney Overdrive on ebay at the moment, which is an awesome pedal.

Toadworks make a few dirt cheat, no thrills tone machines.

Xotice BB is worth looking into.