So I have a Mexican strat I'm planning on modifying, I was planning on putting in custom shop 69's in the neck and middle position (for a hendrix tone) and a seymour duncan jb jr in the bridge (for distortion). This wouldn't affect the 69's would it? If so can you recommend any other humbucking pickups for strats that would sound good with them?
The only way the jb will effect the '69s is when your in pos 4 (if you wire it standard) when both the bridge and middle pickups are on. I doubt it'll make anything sound worse.
Putting humbuckers in a strat when trying to get Hendrix tone is like....like....putting a Mac inside of a PC tower and trying to get Apple ads to not pop up. Okay maybe that wasnt the best analogy.

Seriously though, all trolling aside, the DiMarzio DP151 PAF PRO is a good pickup for the bridge position in a strat IMHO. It's not too hot as to throw off the balance of the single coils, yet its warm and powerful enough that it sounds good distorted. That's my two cents.

ps. remember to go F-spaced on them.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
Quote by Roxor_Mc0wnage
Putting humbuckers in a strat when trying to get Hendrix tone is like....like....putting a Mac inside of a PC tower and trying to get Apple ads to not pop up. Okay maybe that wasnt the best analogy.

Seriously though, all trolling aside, the DiMarzio DP151 PAF PRO is a good pickup for the bridge position in a strat IMHO. It's not too hot as to throw off the balance of the single coils, yet its warm and powerful enough that it sounds good distorted. That's my two cents.

ps. remember to go F-spaced on them.

Haha sorry I'm pretty new to the whole modifying stuff. But here's the thing I need a humbucking pickup that'll fit into a single coil slot. Any other suggestions?
Quote by guitarcam123
The only way the jb will effect the '69s is when your in pos 4 (if you wire it standard) when both the bridge and middle pickups are on. I doubt it'll make anything sound worse.

How bad would it be affected? Cause I'm not really trying to get a hendrix tone in the bridge position, I just need something that'll sound really good with good harmonics.