What should i get ive heard jet city stack and bugera v55 sound samples... both sound great. i think bugera sounds more vintage and less harsh... but jet city is by soldano and has better headroom, speakers, and distortion... i play classic rock and metal like AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Metallica, Van Halen, and Boston with a Fender MIM standard strat with bare knuckles pickups. im more of a modern heavy distortion guy but i cant seem to find a vintage sound with my current effects. both are in my price range. what do you people think? i think im preferring jet city but i want to be sure
for metallica and van halen type stuff you will need pedals if you get the V55. While I think the V55 is a GREAT amp it probably won't do what you want unless you get some pedals.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Jet City = FANTASTIC.

Bugera = might catch on fire.

If you wait a month or two, Jet City will have released more than just the 20 watt model.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Dude, you already made a thread two hours ago, just ask in that thread instead of making a new one please.
what do you care major sparky seriously... i think im gonna go with the jet city 20w stack but im gonna try out all 3 and the peavey 6505+ when im at guitar center this weekend
I highly recommend the Jet City, I have played one extensively with both a Gibson SG and Les Paul (both Standards), and the thing simply blew me away. I was expecting good, I got great. The thing can do Guns N'Roses, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Metallica, and all of that perfectly, I've heard it with my own ears. The cleans sounded pretty good too, the only con is the lack of a second channel. Other than that, for the price tag on the thing, the amp is perfect as far as I'm concerned.
Quote by SaulnierE
I highly recommend the Jet City, I have played one extensively with both a Gibson SG and Les Paul (both Standards), and the thing simply blew me away. I was expecting good, I got great. The thing can do Guns N'Roses, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Metallica, and all of that perfectly, I've heard it with my own ears. The cleans sounded pretty good too, the only con is the lack of a second channel. Other than that, for the price tag on the thing, the amp is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Can it do a soldano-esque overdrive, though? Thar be the big key =P
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
The main tones I was going for were JCM 800-ish kinda stuff, which it can do great. I messed around with the higher gain, but I can't tell you as much about it since I didn't play it as much. I'll tell you however, that it sounded absolutely great, the drive sounded incredibly smooth, you might say. I'm not that familiar with Soldano amps, but I'll say that the high gain sounded great.