Alright.

Not a huge fan of where i live. If you wanna ask why i can explain. Another thing i would like to change is which school i go to. As of now, if it was possible to change it, I would. Working on it currently actually.

Trying to be optimistic about everything, but this is the very beginning of high school, and stuff around here doesn't change often at all.

The question is, should i work on transferring to school in the city instead of continuing to attend school here?

Pros of Transferring
Closer to the city
Stuff to do
Bigger
Not full of hillbillies

Cons
Further away

Just quickly what i thought up now. There are much more reasons...

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Are you actually sure the school is the problem? And you won't just feel like crap wherever you go? I don't mean to sound harsh but perhaps it's not a solution.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Are you actually sure the school is the problem? And you won't just feel like crap wherever you go? I don't mean to sound harsh but perhaps it's not a solution.

No man. I've reaaaally thought about that. I've been moving around every couple years my whole life to place like California, Japan, New Orleans, and crappy places like Alabama and been happy the whole time. No matter what situation ive been in, ive been optimistic and fine. Totally able to pull through it without a problem. Told that my dad was retiring from the military and moving to Austin Texas. I love this city, but the move didnt turn out at all how i thought it would. Ended up moving to Dripping Springs, about an hour away, and muuuuuch smaller.

This time I just cant really see this working out. At least while im in school. My life isnt over, but if its possible, i wanna make school as good as possible, and this place is making it tough.

I adapt well, or at least like to think so, to most any situation. But here, everyone has known each other since they were 2-3 and arent really interested in the new kid. Everything was fine for a while, been working on making it better, but i just dont get along well in a school this small being the outsider.

Quote by Doctor Wu
I adapt well, or at least like to think so, to most any situation. But here, everyone has known each other since they were 2-3 and arent really interested in the new kid. Everything was fine for a while, been working on making it better, but i just dont get along well in a school this small being the outsider.

you sound like a normal new kid to me thats how it is at every school, if you really wanna change schools for HS go to a big school chances are there will be a lot more kids who are new that wont be so closed minded

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Give it year. Then move. Otherwise the moving really isn't that justified as you haven't tried your new school out for very long.

Although I totally understand your attitude toward the city being a better place. But, will yu have time to still study and catchup with friends if you have to travel so far each day?

Are you going to be able to cope with potential before/after school classes if you need to travel for ages?
Quote by mdwallin
Give it year. Then move. Otherwise the moving really isn't that justified as you haven't tried your new school out for very long.

Although I totally understand your attitude toward the city being a better place. But, will yu have time to still study and catchup with friends if you have to travel so far each day?

Are you going to be able to cope with potential before/after school classes if you need to travel for ages?

My bus ride now is an hour, and it gets to school 40 minutes early. If i drove it would be an hour, and i could show up when i wanted. My school now is 10 minutes away driving though... I dont know at all.

Well it would seem like changing schools would be a good idea...but if i was you, i would be concerned about having no friends in the area, and all of them about an hour away
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Holy Katana
Alabama, huh? Was your dad stationed at Fort Rucker, perchance?

Nah dude. Near Maxwell.

Quote by JAHellraiser
Well it would seem like changing schools would be a good idea...but if i was you, i would be concerned about having no friends in the area, and all of them about an hour away

Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiit. You've got a point.

Quote by Doctor Wu
Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiit. You've got a point.

Yup. It all depends though, if you've only got a year of school left and plan to head out somewhere to college I wouldnt think of it as much of a big deal, however if you were a freshman, it could pretty much suck
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]