Sometimes (like now) I wish i hadn't of invested so much time in guitar and songwriting.

I have been in a Musical wasteland of a non inspirational songwriters block for like two years now. Sometimes I wish I had invested more time in something that would benefit me more in day to day living and not let me down so hard after all these years
Start a nu-metal band.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Everytime I feel depressed by anything, I just eat a slice of chocolate cake and it makes me forget all of lifes challenges.

Last edited by NoBC14 at Dec 14, 2009,
cut your hair, clean your room, buy new clothes, and then start a band.

your life will change
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I don't want to quit, I just wished I hadn't wasted my first few years of playing doing nothing but power chords. If I'd been practicing and learning as much as I do now, at an earlier stage, Id be much better than I am now.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Why do you do music? Is it for enjoyment or is it not? If it's not, do it for enjoyment: you won't get anywhere without it.

Yeah I used to love writing jamming and everything that goes along with music. So much so I was sure it be a huge part of my life you know like a career. I've just seemed to lose all of that somewhere over the years
Quote by btbc33
Sometimes (like now) I wish i hadn't of invested so much time in guitar and songwriting.

I have been in a Musical wasteland of a non inspirational songwriters block for like two years now. Sometimes I wish I had invested more time in something that would benefit me more in day to day living and not let me down so hard after all these years

suicide is never the answer!!!!!!

and no, i do everything cause i love it

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by speakers
You should have invested in an Emu farm.

Youknow that did cross my mind at one time.
Quote by fearofthemark
cut your hair, clean your room, buy new clothes, and then start a band.

your life will change

Whats wrong with you? Telling him to form and band right after he cuts his hair.

Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
I do it because i like it.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Whats wrong with you? Telling him to form and band right after he cuts his hair.

You can not create more invitations at the moment
Invitation codes are limited based on time since last creation and other factors.
Please check back this space, you'll be notified here when you are able to create an invitation again.

I have never made one before, what else could it be?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Ever since I first banged on organ keys I have never thought about stopping creating music.It would be impossible if I tried,so no.
I think just people over romanticize music too much. Most people here on UG act like it is solely their life, and live the illusion all of us had when we were 12 of being a rockstar. It's a hobby, not a divine gift, and people need to realize that more often. Don't let a hobby get a hold of your life.
Quote by btbc33

I agree and I'm a music teacher full time
Quote by Alexander_BR
I think just people over romanticize music too much. Most people here on UG act like it is solely their life, and live the illusion all of us had when we were 12 of being a rockstar. It's a hobby, not a divine gift, and people need to realize that more often. Don't let a hobby get a hold of your life.

Bit harsh, but the truth. +1
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by speakers
You should have invested in an Emu farm.

My grandparents raised ostriches. And I helped care for them, does that count?

And, TS, start to try to play a new genre, like jazz. Or quit playing for a few weeks and see how you feel. You know, if you want to stop or you realize you miss it
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by btbc33

i've been in a rut for writing for a long time but i've realized that playing with other people usually sparks ideas for me. maybe you should try to get a jam session or something going?
Same here. For the past 5 years I've considered myself a decent guitarist, I bought a shiny new expensive guitar, and now I can't even pick it up to play it. No interest. I used to play guitar for 2-3 hours a day.

And for some reason I still want new gear.
I love writing, but I'm ****ing sick of having to learn things I write.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
If I did want to give up music, it would be in favour of some other hobby, like martial arts. But I'm fairly satisfied with music.