I'm stuck in a rut where I find myself trying to make up a solo or actually write something, but ending up recycling old riffs and improving around solos I already know rather than coming up with anything original, so I thought I might try playing with a couple scales or chords and working from that.

So anyone got one that I could use at higher registers to have a creamy rock/blues kind of tone coming out, and something that I would use more for slow playing where I'd be emphasizing bends and sweet sounding melodies rather than shred. (Also, if you're thinking about saying it, yes I've beaten the Am pentatonic and that one blues scale that's popular, who's name escapes me, to death)
this is some kind of gypsy minor scale i found in a jazz book (its actually the harmonic minor but started on the 2nd note)

E F Ab A Bb Db D E
Quote by Axis177
So anyone got one that I could use at higher registers to have a creamy rock/blues kind of tone coming out, and something that I would use more for slow playing where I'd be emphasizing bends and sweet sounding melodies rather than shred. (Also, if you're thinking about saying it, yes I've beaten the Am pentatonic and that one blues scale that's popular, who's name escapes me, to death)
You can use any scale anywhere on the neck you can find the notes - if you haven't already learn to play the minor pentatonic anywhere on the neck in any key. That will give you plenty of flexibility for now.
Pentatonic minor scale.

Okay, I'm almost certain you know of this scale. It's the first scale people use, but do you know how to make it sound good? Everyone can wank a pentatonic up and down and "mess around" but there are precious few who can do so with originality, all with the same 5 tones.

If you keep practising with just the pentatonic minor scale (with the occasional out of scale note), I guarantee your phrasing and your note choice will become amazing. You've just got to find out your own style, I guess.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.