Just curious as to what everybody's opinions of the best "hi-gain" wahs are. My Jimi Hendrix wah is nice for clean to mid-gain stuff, but fails to meet my expectations with higher gain stuff.

I hate to sound like a fan-boy, but I love the way Kirk Hammett uses his wah on solos like Welcome Home (Sanitarium) and Seek and Destroy. Other guys like Joe Walsh, Jeff Beck, etc.

I just wondered if there are certain Wah pedals that are better for high-gain leads, which I play a lot of. Kirk Hammett, Dime, and EVH Wah's immediately come to mind. Wasn't sure if there were any other wah's that aren't necessarily artist signature's (not that there is anything wrong with signature stuff sometimes).

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
Morley Bad Horise & Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
morely tremonti wah
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Ibanez Weeping Demon can handle high gain a lot better than other wahs.

Granted, this allows you to shape your tone far more, so you could probably get more use out of this if you're looking to shell out some quid on this.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Crybaby-Rack-Wah?sku=151130
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Dec 14, 2009,
Well, I have the Crybaby From Hell. I think it has a decent sound if adjusted properly and it is also suitable for other styles. If I had the money at this point I'd probably look into RMC wah's, from what I've heard over the years. The Wizard I think it was.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Dec 14, 2009,
I don't normally like the dunlops but i love the 535Q. Versatile and good durability.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET