I have an essay for my final tomorrow in English in which i have to present an argument about the connections between the declaration of independence, and any other reading. there aren't any relevant stories to compare it to in my class's book, does anyone know of anything offhand that i'd be able to compare with the declaration of independence?
any help is greatly appreciated
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
The US Constitution
The Emancipation Proclamation
The Magna Carta
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
^ Magna Carta being the most relevant.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The French version of it (assuming one exists); they revolted right after the U.S. perhaps they have something similar, if anyone took the time to write it while they were just going around fucking shit up.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by skaterskagg1
The Magna Carta came to my mind immediately.

This and the Articles of Confederation
the teacher didn't really say much about it so everyone i know has pretty much been looking for stories to compare it to, i didn't think once about comparing it to another document like that. if anyone can throw out a few points i can make on how they confirm/contradict/expand upon eachother that'd be awesome too, i'm not familiar in any way with the magna carta
thanks pit
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Wiki is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta
It's worth the read.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The Declaration of Independance declared indepencance (duh), but most of it was a list of why they didn't like the government of England.

Plus, those who signed it were going to be hanged if they lost the war. There was no going back. You could relate that to something.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Man, I had some come to mind and I come in here... and all of them have been listed. The pit has done well. Pretty much all the above documents would be good for your essay.