Hi everyone, I have been playing for a couple years now, and I know nothing or have yet bothered to learn theory. I want to improve my guitar playing overall and I dont know where to excactly begin to look at for in theory. Anyone have suggestion or help where I should start?

any help would be appreaciated, thanks!
Guitars
ESP Viper-400
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Epiphone/Gibson Acoustic

Amps
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Effects
BBE Crusher
I also have to agree with the link. But you don't have to know theory to become a better guitarist. It helps for sure, but it's not a requirement. Opeth don't know any theory, neither does George Lynch and I heard that Allan Holdsworth doesn't know any either (I'm not sure if that's true, that's just what I heard.)
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Learn the notes on the fretboard first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
First off, you gotta learn the order of the notes. Then learn the order of steps in major scales (wwhwwwh) and minor scales (whwwhww). Then learn the key signatures. Then modes, ect.
Circle of 5ths and notes on the fretboard come first.
Second is how the major and minor scales are constructed from 5ths
Third is harmonizing the major scale to produce all the chords in a key

Past that, there's not so much of a set sequence. But modes and chord substitutions are probably the most useful.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by tenfold

This and Music theory.net of course.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄