In late January, I will be starting my Advanced Woods class at the highschool. At the core of the class it's: plan a build/find a build online, then make it using any tool you need. Currently (planning ahead a little), I'm making a plan for a pedal board/case, and an electric guitar. The guitar I have in mind to base it off of is a Gibson Blueshawk. What I'm wondering is, is a semi-hollow guitar going to be too difficult as a first build? Or should I attempt it? And, what pickups do the Gibson Blues 90 tone best? Thanks!

(If you're wondering, the school has band saws, miter saws, radial arm saws, planners, table saws, sanders (both handheld and belt), and drills (handheld, and the big machine ones, as well as other various toys)
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
that would be a real challenge for a first build, semi-hollowbody guitars are many pieces put together so it would take much longer. i would suggest something simpler (like an lp/strat) to start with.
I would imagine it would be rather difficult unless you have experience. It would be fun to attempt but I would probably first try to find exact measurements or get your hands on a Blueshawk yourself. Also make sure you have an understanding of the innards of the guitar and how its built, like the bracing and such.
Well, a friend of mine's dad bought a blueshawk, and they said I could make a template using it. My other idea was to make either a Nighthawk (same basic concept) or a Gibson RD. I'm trying to be original.

EDIT: As for time constraints, I'll have 18 weeks to complete it.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp