i just quit my old band and im starting this new one, technical death metal we are going to throw a llittle bit of everythign in there. made this first riff up at practice and tracked it, hell yeh

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1253419/menjeffff243f2.mp3

bear in mind the mix is rough and just an outline for the song so it has its flaws, it'll be rerecorded once were done. also the solo was improv and done in 2 takes
Last edited by nine01n at Dec 24, 2009,
Awesome riff, man!

It has a Born Of Osiris or Veil Of Maya vibe...really great

I don't know if you'll agree with me but this riff is begging for a technical breakdown after that silence

Let me know if you have more recordings like this or when you will be finishing this cause is pretty nice...
yeah dude, it will have breakdowns and bassdrops aplenty haha. i JUST started this band and wrote this today but the drummer is EXCELLENT, well have full songs by the end of january and a name, album art, and EP on itunes by summer. ill keep you posted bro
That sounds really bad ass man. Really good tone and recording as well. Sounds amazing.
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
Riffs sounded sick!
Pretty swish quality an all.

I hear reverse cymbal rolls and a synth drum hit after? They best be there to promote a tech breakdown

I really wanna hear more!

great stuff man!
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Damn! This is some good ****. Amayzing riffs. Sexy tone and fantastic quality. If it is on itunes i'll definitely buy it. Be sure to keep me up to date on when its all done.
thanks dude im so glad you like it, im real excited about this band. this is just a rough outline the actually tracking will be similar but wayyy cleaned up. we ARE going to definitely self-release an EP when we have good material. thanks man!
FFFFFFFfffffffffff...... just when I was getting into it, it died.

Amazing playing. I'm working towards that level of skill, but I don't think I want to play this genre exactly.

I like the riffs you've got going, but I was definitely more into the interlude you were working there at the end than the rest. NOT to say the rest wasn't sweet, lol

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247325
thanks bro, and yeah the part at the end will be epic as ****kkk.
well be a legit band with a name and myspace once we finish and rerecord this entire song, so you can hear it then.
and yeah ill check out your riff