Hi guys,

I'm recently broke up with my band and i'm struggling to find the inspiration to play guitar. When I was in the band we always had something to play something to write, now it seems mundane to play the guitar by myself.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any advice? Thanks.
Go find some guys to jam with. It doesn't have to lead to a band, but you'll atleast always have some people you can get together with and just play
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Try just leaving it for a while. Someday you'll see or hear something that will make you want to play guitar again.
Force yourself to sit down and try to write a song that is better than what your old band wrote. To prove to yourself that you don't and never did need them.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
This has been happening to me on and off for 25 years. Seems like the only time I have initiative to practice is when i'm jamming with someone or have a little gig lined up. Something always entices me to pick it back up though.

Maybe get into some recording?
Quote by JudgeDrey
This has been happening to me on and off for 25 years. Seems like the only time I have initiative to practice is when i'm jamming with someone or have a little gig lined up. Something always entices me to pick it back up though.

Maybe get into some recording?

This is what my teacher suggested, but i'm unsure how to record. :S My computer doesn't have a mic at all.

By the way, thanks to everyone for their prompt replies. I appreciate it.
listen to guitarists you love the most.

and maybe try something different like some different genre or jamming with varied instruments, put urself through some new challenge.
Quote by N_J_B_B
This is what my teacher suggested, but i'm unsure how to record. :S My computer doesn't have a mic at all.

By the way, thanks to everyone for their prompt replies. I appreciate it.

www.tweakheadz.com that'll get you started
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums