I just swapped my pups and got new wiring for my guitar. I just noticed that there is a bit more buzz when I'm playing. This is NOT fret buzz , but the buzz that you get when you really crank the amp's volume, perhaps my guitar is not properly grounded? While the buzzing IS there, its not that much compared to before. BTW the buzzing goes away when I touch any metal part of the guitar. Is there a way to check if the guitar is properly grounded?
Quote by LedZepFan2000
I just swapped my pups and got new wiring for my guitar. I just noticed that there is a bit more buzz when I'm playing. This is NOT fret buzz , but the buzz that you get when you really crank the amp's volume, perhaps my guitar is not properly grounded? While the buzzing IS there, its not that much compared to before. BTW the buzzing goes away when I touch any metal part of the guitar. Is there a way to check if the guitar is properly grounded?

This means it's not grounded properly
Quote by MLilienthal
This means it's not grounded properly

No, that means it is grounded properly. Its not grounded properly if the buzzing doesnt go away.
TS, it sounds like a shielding problem. See if you can get some copper shielding tape in the control cavity, it should help with the buzzing
ok so... if:

noise goes away when touching strings= grounded properly
noise gets worse when touching strings= not grounded properly

BTW do I have to somehow ground the shielding to somewhere? I know that shielding is basically a faraday's cage but does it need to be grounded?