I want to incorporate an improv into my practice routine everyday, but I don't want to write a guitar pro file for every single key, so is there anywhere I can get some strum patterns or any kinda backing tracks to solo over?
Last edited by In_Black_Flames at Dec 14, 2009,
I knew that was going to come up. I don't want backing tracks to songs, I just want chord progressions to solo over.
Well then, I would suggest the Ultimate Guitar Backing Track Band.

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/backingtracks

cant go wrong
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by In_Black_Flames
I knew that was going to come up. I don't want backing tracks to songs, I just want chord progressions to solo over.

Hmm, I thought they did those too. My bad.
You should get a loop pedal

With mine, I download backing tracks to songs, and only loop a portion of it. With that, you can get pretty creative. I use satriani songs, take one chord progression out, and practice on that for hours.

You can get a Boss RC-2 for about $100-200 depending on where you buy

also, guitarbt.com
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
You should get a loop pedal

With mine, I download backing tracks to songs, and only loop a portion of it. With that, you can get pretty creative. I use satriani songs, take one chord progression out, and practice on that for hours.

You can get a Boss RC-2 for about $100-200 depending on where you buy

also, guitarbt.com

Thanks again, that sounds like a good idea. I really need to work on my improv but get lazy when I think of writing out a guitar tab just for some chord progression lol
Quote by blue_strat
Hmm, I thought they did those too. My bad.

they do a couple under the band name jamtracks

but not as good as the ones on this site
the blues aren't about being misrable.... they're about making other people misrable and making a few bucks while you're at it!!