I picked up a 2nd hand Fender Acoustasonic 30 amp. It is the newer version with the built in effects. It sounds good, just isn't very loud. I can turn the volume all the way up and still be comfortable playing 2 feet away from it. Is this just how these amps are, or is something busted? I purchased it at Guitar Center so I have 30 days to return it.
Ihor

<current gear>
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Boss NS-2, TU-2, MT-2, DS-1, SD-1
its only 30 solid state watts, which isnt all too loud. It probably shouldnt be as quiet as you say it is, but it could be your guitar as well. You're using an acoustic guitar with it, right? If you're using an electric it's going to be quiet because of a lack of signal coming from the pickups. If you're using your Washburn acoustic and it has an active pickup/pre-amp system it should be much louder. Add more volume from the guitar and then turn up the Acoustasonic. If you're acoustic sound is distorting then you're adding too much gain from the guitar.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
I am using a Dean Performer electric acoustic. I am not sure if the pickup is active or if it has a preamp, but it does take a 9v battery.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Try using the mic input on the front of the amp with a mic and see if it sounds low? Or get a 1/4 to 1/8 plug and try an mp3 player or something into the front of the amp or another guitar or something else to see if they sound low as well.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by subzero364
I cant stand 2 feet in front of a 15w SS cranked, 30 should be pretty loud

yeah...

...cuz even 15w ss cranked is pretty god damn loud at 24 inches.
Quote by silver93t
I picked up a 2nd hand Fender Acoustasonic 30 amp. It is the newer version with the built in effects. It sounds good, just isn't very loud. I can turn the volume all the way up and still be comfortable playing 2 feet away from it. Is this just how these amps are, or is something busted? I purchased it at Guitar Center so I have 30 days to return it.

I can be comfortable 2 feet away from the PA at a Slayer concert, but it doesn't mean that it's quiet.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I can be comfortable 2 feet away from the PA at a Slayer concert, but it doesn't mean that it's quiet.

So that's why you're called Dr Pain

On topic: It does seem like it's a lot softer than expected. Try a different guitar etc.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Since your Dean takes a 9v that does make it an active system so it should have plenty of gain on tap to feed into the amp. try everyone's suggestions above and if nothing works then return the little booger
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
Since your Dean takes a 9v that does make it an active system so it should have plenty of gain on tap to feed into the amp. try everyone's suggestions above and if nothing works then return the little booger

Yes, this amp should be louder. I know someone who uses one sometimes.
hey TS, remember in your first thread, when i told you to skip the acoustic amps, especially if you intended on singing and playing at the same time?

i suggested that you check out PA systems instead?

this is one reason why.

imo, their volumes are pretty limiting.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yes I remember, I couldn't pass up the deal I got on this one. They had another one for the same price so maybe I'll exchange it.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
I prefer running DI when playing acoustic. Unless you don't have that option, I recommend it.
Quote by sg4ever
I prefer running DI when playing acoustic. Unless you don't have that option, I recommend it.
Dl?
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Well, if you were using the acoustic amp for playing out I was suggesting just plugging into a PA system. If not well, then I honestly don't know why you want it very loud.
Quote by silver93t
Dl?

*sniff sniff*

what's that smell?

it's vaguely metallic with a hint of piss soaked trousers...

bloodofanoob
Glad you are amused.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Quote by silver93t
Dl?

DI is direct input, meaning that you would be sent through the PA without the need for an amplifier (unless you choose to use it for monitor purposes).
Grisky, I'd ask you if you could be any more of a twat, but you would probably go ahead and prove me wrong.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.