Page 1 of 2
Ok, Pit, this might seem like a stupid question but plz just humor me and think about it:

If the Devil is the Prince of Evil/Darkness, then who the hell is the king?

Possible mindfu*k, I'm already confused as is. Discuss.

inb4 "I am"
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Last edited by Wibanez at Dec 15, 2009,
I am

edit: pretty lul worthy having the son of the Devil in my Avatar
No means maybe
Quote by nincompoop
Christian Plot Hole!!!!

could there be such a thing?
^what? plz elaborate
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Better yet, if God rewards the good and the Devil punishes the bad, why aren't they on the same side?
God is the king of hell, witch means there is no heaven. So go sin.
Don't ask and I wont !*Censored*!
Quote by nincompoop
Christian Plot Hole!!!!

Nooo, They were going to introduce the King in the sequel to the bible.. but never got around to making it
Quote by KwikKopy
Better yet, if God rewards the good and the Devil punishes the bad, why aren't they on the same side?

They are. The devil IS on god's side (traditionally), but he is used to test people. More Modern Christianity teaches this duality of God vs. Satan, good vs. evil (omg who will win). In The Bible, Satan always asks God for permission to do things, yet somehow that is forgotten. All this crap about Hell and Satan falling out of Heaven (lolowned) is a recent concept. I'm sure many of you are aware of the traditional concept of Lucifer. Described as "the most beautiful angel".

Let's keep in mind, I am an atheist. Although I guess it's unnecessary to say that, considering people don't think you're into Greek religion when you discuss its mythology.
Quote by Nevermind1299
Nooo, They were going to introduce the King in the sequel to the bible.. but never got around to making it

Now that's funny!
Quote by KwikKopy

Actually, the way I understand it, God punishes evil by sending you to hell. And Satan was the first dude to do something evil enough for God to banhammer him. And then he just kinda.. took over hell.

Which raises the question.. Could anybody with enough ambition just takeover hell and be all "gtfo satan"?
Aboard an old pirate ship made of wet souls..

We plunder and pillage from north to south poles..

We only steal metal like guns, tanks, and toasters..

We melt it all down and we make rollercoasters.
Quote by nincompoop
They are. The devil IS on god's side (traditionally), but he is used to test people. More Modern Christianity teaches this duality of God vs. Satan, good vs. evil (omg who will win). In The Bible, Satan always asks God for permission to do things, yet somehow that is forgotten. All this crap about Hell and Satan falling out of Heaven (lolowned) is a recent concept. I'm sure many of you are aware of the traditional concept of Lucifer. Described as "the most beautiful angel".

Let's keep in mind, I am an atheist. Although I guess it's unnecessary to say that, considering people don't think you're into Greek religion when you discuss its mythology.

Indeed. God is over Satan and therefor controls him.

Ozzy is the Prince of Darkness, Petrucci is God and Akerfeldt is Jesus

Edit: ^And yes, Elvis is King
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Indeed. God is over Satan and therefor controls him.

Ozzy is the Prince of Darkness, Petrucci is God and Akerfeldt is Jesus

Edit: ^And yes, Elvis is King

And the only one that exists is Ozzy so:

HAIL OZZY!!
Satan/the devil is the prince of this world. from a religious view point (and the only view point that actually covers this stuff in depth) big explanation to follow so read on if you want

Satan was the highest angel in heaven, he decided he wanted more power and tried to overthrow God, a coup if you will. God being all knowing and all powerful knew Satan's plan and cast him and 1/3 of the angels out of heaven to be eternally separated from God. God also created hell, where Satan and his angels (now mainly known as Demons) would be sent (note that they have not been sent there yet), and once there God will seal hell off for ever and ever. Satan is also referred to in the Bible and the prince of this world, hence the name we use today, and Satan still has to ask God for permission to do anything to us human folk, just like explained in the book of Job in the new testament.

......waits to be bashed for knowing to much bible stuff.......hope this helps a bit.

nincompoop your info is a tad wrong but on the right track none the less. God and Satan were on the same side, God being pure and sinless and all Holy cannot allow himself to be near sinful creatures such as Satan back then, and cast him away, explaining more will delve way to far into bible philosophy and a open forum with many religious beliefs and opinions isn't the right place to explain. and Satan never fell out of heaven, he was cats out, the bible is very clear. but anyways, ramble ramble ramble blah blah....
Last edited by HKSR33 at Dec 15, 2009,
Well, God is often proclaimed as the god of everything, so I assume that encompasses evil
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Satan is the king of Hell, and the Antichrist is the prince

Just like how God is the king of Heaven, and Christ is the prince
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Last edited by MusicMan24 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by MusicMan24
Satan is the king, and the antichrist is the prince

the anti Christ is a man possessed by Satan in the end times.
according to Christian theology, neither the devil nor any other demon is the "king" of hell.

they're all on earth ****ing stuff up, and on the final day of judgement they will be in hell along with anyone who sins because it is what we have rightfully earned. And everyone has sinned, there are just the few whom have trusted in Jesus' perfect sacrifice instead of their own merit for salvation from this fate, and even they deserve Hell, but it is because of God's love and indescribably great sacrifice that they are made clean.
The Devil is God's puppet

that includes Satan, Belial, Leviathan and Lucifer, the whole lot of them
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by Cianyx
The Devil is God's puppet

that includes Satan, Belial, Leviathan and Lucifer, the whole lot of them

yep... pretty much.
Whoever he is, he's the King Of The Dicks.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
As mentioned before....Elvis is king!
MY gear

Carvin DC 200
Crate GLX 200h
Monster Cable Rock
Dunlop Stubbys 3.0
MIsfits Skullbusters strings
It doesn't say that lucifer is the PRINCE of darkness in the bible does it?
I thought that was just kind of a thing that people said
Quote by Wibanez
Ok, Pit, this might seem like a stupid question but plz just humor me and think about it:

If the Devil is the Prince of Evil/Darkness, then who the hell is the king?

Possible mindfu*k, I'm already confused as is. Discuss.

inb4 "I am"

Satan is a fallen angel, read Paradise lost for an excellent interpretation of the devil's story.
he has an excellent qoute "tis better to rule in hell than serve in heaven"
Quote by Rage`
Actually, the way I understand it, God punishes evil by sending you to hell. And Satan was the first dude to do something evil enough for God to banhammer him. And then he just kinda.. took over hell.

Which raises the question.. Could anybody with enough ambition just takeover hell and be all "gtfo satan"?

Intriguing. I guess there's only one way to find out, right?
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by Spitz13
Sauron.

No. Morgoth would be the Dark King. If you wanted to compare Middle Earth with Christianity then Sauron would be the Prince of Darkness (sorta) and Morgoth would be our missing king.

Read the Silmarillion.
It's quite obvious. Since Ozzy is the Prince of Darkness, that must make Dio the King of Darkness.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Suppose what your faith has said is essentially correct. Suppose there is a universal mind controlling everything, a god willing the behaviour of every subatomic particle. Well, every particle has an anti-particle, its mirror image, its negative side. Maybe this universal mind resides in the mirror image instead of in our universe as we wanted to believe. Maybe he's anti-god, bringing darkness instead of light.

Hell fucking yeah.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Last edited by Athabasca at Dec 15, 2009,
Page 1 of 2