I currently own a b-154 Ltd bass guitar and i still have the strings that came with the bass. Ive decided that im going to get my bass setup with thicker gauge strings mainly because i play in B tuning and the strings i currently have arent meeting my standards.

baisically im looking for strings with a clean and crisp tone with a bit of punch in them aswell. and would also sound good in the tuning i play
I use Ernie Ball Super Slinkies for my Bass. Although they don't sound all that perfect. Maybe someone can reccommend a better one.

FYI: Don't double post to bump your thread. Pretty sure it goes against forum rules...don't quote me on that.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
i really like elixer strings on my ESP really nice attack sound and has a very crisp bell like tone as it sustains.

if you cant afford those or want something less bright i realy like DR low riders. i like thier growl and they still sound bright. they have a more characteristic tone to me then the Hi-beams to me Hi-beams sound kinda like regular old strings to me.

my favorite "cheap" strings are D"adario blue steels they last a long time and have a bright agressive tone good for fast playing.

ive been meaning to try out some other brands of strings but i really really like elixers so i usually put them on all my basses. my jazz bass' strings seam kinda dull i might get new ones for it soon. so while we are on the topic of strings what do you guys think of rotosounds for a jazz bass with EMG's?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
for that tuning I'd recommend the GHS 50-115 set
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Casketcreep
Isn't this the sort of question you should be asking in a shop as opposed to a forum?

you could ask that about most of the questions in this forum, and for most if not all, the answer would be; no, not if you want a straight answer from someone who isn't trying to sell you something
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
ernie ball power slinky!

nice nickel wound strings good for your tuning as they quite thick
Quote by Casketcreep
Isn't this the sort of question you should be asking in a shop as opposed to a forum?

I am with Gilly 90 here. Why not get all the information you can, from as many sources as you can, before commiting cold, hard cash to a product?
no id rather trust people that actually know background information on bass guitars rather than a man behind a counter.
How would DR high beams go ?
Well its not necessarily that. I mean every music shop i've been to (local shops, guitar center, sam ash) had guys who definitly knew what they were talking about. It's like a mechanics shop...they're not going to hire just anyone.However, the other similarity here is that, like a mechanics shop, those guys are going to try and get the most money out of you as possible. They may know everything about value and what's best, but they're going for price over all of that.

Although i should add, Sam Ash, at least by my house, isn't reputable. I don't get mad at strangers in person very often, but they pissed me off (continue reading if you wanna hear the story)

WARNING: TL'DR BELOW!

I was at Sam Ash looking at some microphones in the audio rec. department. I was standing around for about 20 minutes with 3 Sam Ash employees standing about 10 feet from me. What were they doing? Two of them were yelling at the third one. About stealing from the company, or being late, or some bull crap, i don't know.

Point is, at GC, or my favorite local music shop, i'd have people asking me if i needed help constantly, and tossing out the old 'hey man, if you need anything just lemme know, i'll be over here'. (I was at Sam Ash because those places didn't have the product i was looking for). But instead of helping me out (i was about to buy a 250 dollar microphone) they just continued to yell at the employee in the middle of the store.

So i walked up to them and said 'Hey, i just wanted to compliment you on how professional you guys are.' They looked at me funny. I said 'Yea, i mean hell, i've been standing over here waiting for an available employee for roughly 20 minutes now, but you guys are dedicated enough to make sure that this guy gets whats coming to him. So much so that you've completely neglected a customer without even asking if he needed help!'

So one guy says 'Hey guys, one second, look sir, i'm sorry, we're just having a bit of an issue right now. Did you need help with something?'

I said 'Well i DID, but i guess i'll just buy my 250 dollar microphone online then. Oh well. And for the record, i don't care if this guy just stole 10,000 dollars worth of equipment, I and the other customers here don't need to hear about it.'

And the guy actually made a scoffing sound. You know, as if I was being the ignorant one.

Best part? I'm sure you're familiar with Wayne's World? The part where the guys are practicing the 'five, four, three, (silent two), (silent one)'?

Well that was playing on a DVD in the background by the entrance. As i walked passed the emo kid at the front entrance who was busy on his cellphone enough to not say 'goodbye' or 'did you find everything okay?', it was at that exact part.

So as corny as it is, i did the hand motions for the countdown in the movie, ending with the final arm swoop that normally would mean 'action!' in the movie, except i pointed at the open door and walked out.

Could I have gone and found another employee to help me? Probably.

Did i have to overreact? Probably not.

But i did. And i won't lie.....it felt. awesome.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
If you're playing in B standard, try Rotosound Drop-Zone strings. Essentially the thickest four strings of a five-string set of roto 66s.

stratkat
yeah i did not catch that part of your thread title for most aplications in that tuning you are going to either A buy the 5 string set and not use the 5'th G, or find a set like EuBoat mentioned that take the g out and dont sell it to you (or do they? i would have to check the price first to know for sure)

you asked about highbeams and i have a ESP B bass like you and ive had both low riders and hi-beams and i liked the low riders better. you might not tho its all up to you hi-beams aren't bad strings by any stretch of the imagination i just kinda think that low riders sound better you really wont know for sure untill you try both of them yourself tho sadly =(
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
ill try the lowriders first. is it smart to get my bass setup for Drop c then then detune to B for my band? i have no clue when it comes to the string gauges ect..