In a part of a song such as this (Seek and Destroy):

|---0-0---0-0----0-----0-0---0-0----0----0-0----0-0-----0------|
|-5-----7------7-----5------7------7----9-------7-------7---------|
|-7-----9------9-----7------9------9----11------9-------9---------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

I find it MUCH easier to upstrum the open E's (at least the first one after the power chord, sometimes both). From everything I have read, I hear Hetfield normally downstrums pretty much everything. Is there anything technically wrong with upstrumming these? I just find it easier to work from a center point (between the low E and A strings) and move up and down from there.
Your tab is upside-down.

There is nothing technically wrong with it. Ideally you should be comfortable playing that riff with multiple strumming patterns and then choosing the one that suits you best.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
hey, im learning that now, upstumming down the strings and downstrumming goin up the strings, alternating of course. If you can master that, youh become pretty dam good fast.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Your tab is upside-down.

There is nothing technically wrong with it. Ideally you should be comfortable playing that riff with multiple strumming patterns and then choosing the one that suits you best.

You are correct, it is... lol. It's been so long sice I have read a tab (youtube videos ) I completely didn't even think of that.

I'll try it a few other ways, but I think I have settled on this one. Symphony of Destruction is another I find much easier to upstrum the low E, and probably any other similar riffs.

|-------------------------------------|
|-------5----6----7----5h7--5-----|
|-------5----6----7------------------|
|-0-0----0-----0----0--------------|
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Dec 15, 2009,