Im a college student and im leaving my amp in my room over Winter break. There's no where else to put it except, under my bed on its side. The RA's room search every room after we leave. I want to make sure that if i store my amp on its side or back it won't break somehow.
It should be fine in most cases. What kind of amp is it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by denied
Why the heck do you need to hide your amp??

I can understand if it was to prevent theft, but is there another reason? and yeah, it should be fine.
Does this sound shady to anyone else? Hiding your amp from the RA's, who are supposed to help you in your dorm?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
Does this sound shady to anyone else? Hiding your amp from the RA's, who are supposed to help you in your dorm?

RA's just do it for the money... a lot of RA's drink with the people they're supposed to be busting.. they're just kids a year older. I kinda wish i thought to hide my shitty gear i have up in college... damn.. hope its there when i get back... i still have my gibson and orange home tho, so it's all good
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Many dorms don't allow you to have amps. I figured that's why he was hiding it.
I think he just doesn't want it something to break if the RAs push it over or something along those lines.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Roc8995
Many dorms don't allow you to have amps. I figured that's why he was hiding it.

I feel like unless you are playing at ridiculously low volumes it wouldn't be too difficult to tell. Thats like banning computer speakers.

Also - RA's have master keys...if they were going to, they could steal stuff at any time. While it would be easier over break, in that instance it could only be the person with a key to your room...

I leave stuff in my dorm over breaks all the time...never had any issues, don't expect to.
Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure it would be ok. There's a policy at my school. Absolutely no AMPs so. during room checks i hide it, but thats only temporary. Now i want to hide it over a longer period of time. I figured it'd be fine.
thanks!
Most college dorms have these no amp rules. Its not to punish the person who reasonably uses a 15w practice amp. Its for the ones who want to bring a 100w half stack that we all know will usually play it to loud. Can hear em now "come on RA it was only on 1". So they just ban em all vs trying to come up with some hard to enforce wattage limit.