Ok GB&C I have a question...
I just took the body from my slammer by hamer strat copy and put on a neck from my first act 222 model (adam levine model) what I want to know is if its possible to convert the scale length from 25.5" to 24.75" or will my intonation always sound this weird (not bad just weird?)
Thanks in advance GB&C.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
if you want to remove the frets and put them in the right place, i suppose its posible.

however you cant just move the bridge around. it will not intonate.

also, whats the point exactly? there isnt a sound differance, its more of a preferance thing.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
You can move the bridge. Double the length from the nut to the 12th fret, and put the bridge that far from the nut.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
If you plan to simply bolt the one neck into the other body without moving the bridge or changing the neck pocket then no it will never intonate right. It is possible to convert a guitar from one scale to another. Warmoth sells 24.75 necks that will drop in a 25.5 scale body without mods. And fender at one time sold mustangs in 2 scales by a neck swap. But these were designed from the outset to fit.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Dec 15, 2009,
im not even sure why youd want to do that

but yeah it is of course possible

the bridge would need to come .75 or 3/4 of an inch towards the neck (you would probably also need to move the bridge pup which would mean youre going to want to remove the bridge pins and fill in the holes and possibly the bridge pup hole too

then measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret and make the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge the exact same distance (if you have any hopes of intonating properly) then drill your holes drop your bridge pins and locate router out and drop in the bridge pup

theres a bit more to it than that but my crap is way long already

its really a better endeavor to find a matching neck