gord69961
411 IQ
I have a Gig Coming up and its in a restaurant ive never played in this kinda place befor and its kinda a preppy place so i cant really play really heavy any ideas on getting the night to go over smoothly..i was thinking about like one original song and 2 covers maybe 2 and 2 but if i do a cover i dont kno what to play any suggestions i was thinking hendrix and chilli peppers but i dont kno
Northernmight
UG's Churchburner
1,353 IQ
If it's a resturant, you should play things that people would like to hear while they eat. Background music. Not something that takes their full attention.

Or of course, you could just care shit about what certain people just like, and blast out some heavy stuff, and have some fun.. i'd do that.. :P
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
MR. Goodcents
282 IQ
Depends on how nice the restaurant is and what kind of atmosphere they are going for? Like Northernmight said people are there to eat, not listen to you. The only way you will get some attention from the average restaurant goer is if you play something they recognize. So play some well know covers, and maybe try to keep it a bit mellow. Maybe ask the owner for some idea's, if he's had bands there before he probably knows what people like and don't like.
osXtiger
Ironic Linux User
95 IQ
Something ambient and non intrusive. Acoustic songs for instance can be ambient to a degree.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Adisturbedone
A Disturbed Guitarist
537 IQ
Ask the manager if he cares what kind you play, and if he says no, blast it!
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God
2,503 IQ
Quote by gord69961
I have a Gig Coming up and its in a restaurant ive never played in this kinda place befor and its kinda a preppy place so i cant really play really heavy any ideas on getting the night to go over smoothly..i was thinking about like one original song and 2 covers maybe 2 and 2 but if i do a cover i dont kno what to play any suggestions i was thinking hendrix and chilli peppers but i dont kno
The Wind Cries Mary, yes. Fire, Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, not-so-much.

Agree with asking the manager for some suggestions.
Probably something more like light pop or jazz.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Rikki DeMartini
Weekend Overdrive
37 IQ
How did you even get the gig?

I find it hard to believe a restaurant asked you to play without giving you any suggestions as to what you should play. You haven't even said if you have a band or if it's just a solo thing.
Crizzle
685 IQ
under the Bridge
Wonderwall

Things like that
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man
2,962 IQ
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
How did you even get the gig?

I find it hard to believe a restaurant asked you to play without giving you any suggestions as to what you should play. You haven't even said if you have a band or if it's just a solo thing.

thats what im thinking. did you have a demo? if so, they probably hired you based on what they heard. if thats the case, then play the kind of stuff they heard.
Alden Ashford
Prog+Punk
176 IQ
Mellow/uplifting is a good bet. Try some soft indie rock, like Death Cab for Cutie or something. "The New Year" is pretty easy to sing/play, and easy on the ears.
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.
gord69961
411 IQ
no we played a concert our first show all covers alice in chains and deftones and ppl that saw us recommended us to them told them that we would be a good atrraction to bring in more bissness what i was thinking would be set up two set lists play what i like to play and rock the F*** out and if i dont get a good response then just change to the other set
gord69961
411 IQ
o sorry its a band were an alternative metal band inbetween tool and alice in chains i guess u could say alil more jazzy we play every thing from all that remains to death to red hot chilli peppers we have one guitarist a bassist a drummer and a singer