Page 1 of 2
So this girl keeps messaging me, telling me about how fucked up her life is. A few months ago her parents were "sending her away". She never went anywhere. Then her brother hated her guts and wished her dead. She put up new pictures with him on her myspace the day after. Now she says she has cerebral palsy. I don't know if she's telling the truth, but in cases like this, it's best to assume she is, since calling her a liar would be pretty damned ****ed up if she really did have it (though went to school with her for 2 years and never saw even a symptom). She's always depressed...ALWAYS and it's really getting on my nerves. I can't say anything to cheer her up, and she never believes that anyone cares about her. It's a spiraling vortex of self-pity and attention seeking. Now here's where the problem really is. Normally, I'd just not talk to her, but she's my love interest's best friend and it fucking sucks.

So, what should I do?

Inb4rapefapcoolstorybroicumbloodetc.

Edit: I'm aware that she likes me, and it might be attempts to get between me and the girl, however, that doesn't really change anything. I can't just outright tell her to GTFO, because the girl I like would be pissed.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 15, 2009,
she likes you and is doing what she can to get attention from you

pretty simple, **** block yourself why dont you

edit nvm read the second half of your post

just deal with it/ignore her, just pay attention to your girl/interest
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by StewieSwan
rapefapcoolstorybroicumbloodetc.

This.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
What it seems like is that you want her mouth to stop moving and saying overly dramatic things. There is only one thing that will plug it up good. Your boner. Go for it, son.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
ignore her? pretend your paying attention to her, smile at her, and walk away... she just wants someone to listen to her shit... she probably doesnt expect you to solve her problems
You must be in high school....
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Tell her to cut the emo bullshit and say that her life isn't that bad. It probably isn't, and if she tells you that it is, send her a picture of some starving african kids to remind her of her privileged existence.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by blizzboy
You must be in high school....

I'm not, but she is.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan
I'm not, but she is.

And I'm interested.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
want her to stop lying? call her on her bullshit. not in a douchey way, just act confused and ask a bunch of questions that point out the inconsistencies in her story.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
want her to stop lying? call her on her bullshit. not in a douchey way, just act confused and ask a bunch of questions that point out the inconsistencies in her story.

I've tried. But i'm not around her enough to call her on this last one.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
I have someone EXACTLY like this around me at the moment. we used to be really good friends up until highschool and then we lots contact what with being at different schools and stuff, 2 months ago she sent me a text message asking if i could name 3 people who cared about her so that she didn't have to kill herself, i drove like a ****ing mad man to her house, and found her sitting on the couch. she claimed she "never sent that!"

some people just love attention, and don't care if they get it in ridiculously twisted ways. tell her to **** off, and drop contact.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
some people just love attention, and don't care if they get it in ridiculously twisted ways. tell her to **** off, and drop contact.

I explained why I can't do that. Thanks for reading the OP.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
what she needs is a good dose of reality. tell her shes full of shit and needs to grow the **** up. tell her the truth, nothing more nothing less. its the only way
Quote by StewieSwan
I explained why I can't do that. Thanks for reading the OP.

I did read the OP. that is my solution. the girl you like really isn't going to care if you're friends with her best friend or not, especially when she pulls shit like that.
Quote by speakers
You can use my sword...

EDIT:
Quote by stephen_rettie
and my bow!

And my Axe!!

... godamn im a loser.
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by -HillZ- at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by -HillZ-
And my Bow...

Beaten to it by a long shot, bud.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I did read the OP. that is my solution. the girl you like really isn't going to care if you're friends with her best friend or not, especially when she pulls shit like that.

Yeah I agree. You shouldn't have to put up with her bullshit, her friend might see it as passiveness on your part. Maybe you could talk to the girl you like about her, she might feel the same or have some advice on how to deal with her better.
Quote by StewieSwan
So this girl keeps messaging me, telling me about how fucked up her life is. A few months ago her parents were "sending her away". She never went anywhere. Then her brother hated her guts and wished her dead. She put up new pictures with him on her myspace the day after. Now she says she has cerebral palsy. I don't know if she's telling the truth, but in cases like this, it's best to assume she is, since calling her a liar would be pretty damned ****ed up if she really did have it (though went to school with her for 2 years and never saw even a symptom). She's always depressed...ALWAYS and it's really getting on my nerves. I can't say anything to cheer her up, and she never believes that anyone cares about her. It's a spiraling vortex of self-pity and attention seeking. Now here's where the problem really is. Normally, I'd just not talk to her, but she's my love interest's best friend and it fucking sucks.

So, what should I do?

Inb4rapefapcoolstorybroicumbloodetc.

Edit: I'm aware that she likes me, and it might be attempts to get between me and the girl, however, that doesn't really change anything. I can't just outright tell her to GTFO, because the girl I like would be pissed.

Stop being such a pussy.
Had the exact same situation...just ween her off contact from you (like don't respond to her messages as much) and not in a mean way, talk to your love interest about it (if you're on that level with her) because chances are SHE'S annoyed by it just as much. Or just tell the love interest that you like the girl fine, but she's just to dramatic and see where that conversation leads. That way, the special girl knows your situation, so you can you more jarring methods of losing contact like not responding, telling her to stop or the classic rapefapicumblood. (Couldn't resist.)
Quote by john2009
Stop being such a pussy.

Yeah, and if she really does have cerebral palsy it'd be SOOOO manly to tell her to **** off and quit lying.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by stephen_rettie
and i was worried no one would get it

kickass!

thank you sir haha. my acts (of making a mistake the first time) worried me, thought i may have caused massive spamage of OMG LOL!!! whata n00b! someone already posted it!!!!
Quote by donkey the wise

Quote by potcorn56

Quote by The4thHorsemen
And my axe!

sorry, could help it

Read up mate.
Quote by donkey the wise

Quote by potcorn56

Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, and if she really does have cerebral palsy it'd be SOOOO manly to tell her to **** off and quit lying.

You wouldn't have to make shit threads atleast if you did.

No one wants a depressing person around them bringing them down to their level and there are plenty more fish in the sea.One day you will look back and realize alot about this situation.
Quote by john2009

No one wants a depressing person around them bringing them down to their level and there are plenty more fish in the sea.One day you will look back and realize alot about this situation.

this. the novemberer speaks words of wisdom beyond his age.

i personally wouldn't in any way be interested in some girl if it meant i had to put up with her friend's bullshit every day dragging me down and depressing me. either tell her friend to **** off and the girl you like understands, and its cool. or tell her friend to **** off and the girl you like thinks you're a dick and doesn't want anything to do with you. do you know what that means? that means the girl you like was a bitch, you're better off without her. you don't wanna be whipped by her AND her friends do you?
Edit:^ You are still under the assumption that she is lying without a doubt. I believe she is, but if she isn't I would be the biggest asshole in the world.

Quote by john2009

You are seriously the epitome of cool. Can I come to your 13th birthday party?
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan

do you want to listen to the advice you're being given in this thread, or do you want to just keep quoting people and making smart ass retorts? If the girl has cerebral palsy, what does that have to do with you? nothing. who gives a ****? you not talking to her doesn't mean you have to go "SHUT UP YOU STUPID BITCH! I DON'T CARE!" it means you could just, you know, stop answering texts?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan
Edit:^ You are still under the assumption that she is lying without a doubt. I believe she is, but if she isn't I would be the biggest asshole in the world.

Hahahahaha ****ing +1
She is seeking sympathy and she wants to feel sorry for herself.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
do you want to listen to the advice you're being given in this thread, or do you want to just keep quoting people and making smart ass retorts? If the girl has cerebral palsy, what does that have to do with you? nothing. who gives a ****? you not talking to her doesn't mean you have to go "SHUT UP YOU STUPID BITCH! I DON'T CARE!" it means you could just, you know, stop answering texts?

Do you have any friends? Seriously? Would you really ignore someone if they told you they had such a horrible disease?

Edit: Well she started going into it about how she has no friends. Blah blah blah I ended up telling her to quit acting like a 12 year old. So I guess that solves it for better or for worse.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Page 1 of 2