Page 1 of 2
From metallica.com:

You've been posting and chatting about it for months and we're here now to confirm it . . . Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax will all share the same stage for the first time EVER! Look for the four of us at the Sonisphere shows in Warsaw, Poland and Prague, Czech Republic on June 16 and 19, 2010 with a few more of the festival dates still in the works, you can be sure these shows won't be the only ones.

In the words of Lars: "Who would have thought that more than 25 years after its inception, thrash metal's big 4 would not only still be around and more popular than ever, but will now play together for the first time...what a mind****! Bring it on!"

What more can we say??

For more info, check out the Sonisphere Festivals site.

"Official" press release below:

* METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH AND ANTHRAX TO PERFORM TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY *

* THE BIG FOUR CONFIRMED FOR SONISPHERE POLAND AND CZECH REPUBLIC *

* MORE BIG FOUR APPEARANCES AT SONISPHERE SHOWS PLANNED *

The world wide web has been abound with speculation on a possible "BIG FOUR" tour for several months. Now, SONISPHERE can exclusively reveal that METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will play together for the first time in history, in a move that will have metalheads across the globe frenzied with excitement.

Says LARS ULRICH/METALLICA of this historic announcement:
"Who would have thought that more than 25 years after its inception, thrash metal's big 4 would not only still be around and more popular than ever, but will now play together for the first time...what a mind****! Bring it on!"

"It's about ****ing time this happened," declares SLAYER's KERRY KING. "and about time the fans finally get what they want. This is ****ing awesome."

ANTHRAX guitarist SCOTT IAN agrees, commenting on the enormity of the announcement.

"People have been talking about these four bands playing together since 1984. That's twenty-six years of expectation!!! And the thing is, I believe not only will we live up to the expectations, we will shatter them!! No other four bands as influential as the four of us have ever done this. Imagine if The Beatles, Stones, The Who and Zeppelin had done shows? Or Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Motorhead? Well, I may be getting into some rarified air here but as a fan, that's how big I feel this is."

These four legendary acts broke out of the underground thrash movement to dominate the metal world in the 1980s, selling millions of records and packing arenas across the globe. The metal giants have never before all shared the same stage, despite huge demand. But on 16th June 2010, METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will take to the SONISPHERE stage at Bemowo Airport, Poland, to make the dreams of headbangers the world over become a reality. A second Big Four appearance is planned for SONISPHERE CZECH REPUBLIC three days later, with more SONISPHERE shows featuring the awesome combo to be announced in the coming days and weeks.

"This is a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity for Heavy Metal "Fans" to see the four greatest Heavy Metal "Bands" in American History back together on one stage" concludes MEGADETH mainman DAVE MUSTAINE. "If there are any heads left at the end of this Festival that haven't banged, they don't belong there."

Tickets available from www.sonispherefestivals.com
I hope they release a DVD of this...
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
No other four bands as influential as the four of us have ever done this.

A head that big must get pretty heavy...
It should be a DVD where they document Anthrax being bullied by the other three for being so shit.
Quote by webbtje
It should be a DVD where they document Anthrax being bullied by the other three for being so shit.

Out of the four Anthrax are the only band I'd want to see.
In the year 2010, I really don't care
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Nafon
It'll be a huge solo off.

King will just play the chromatic scale
Dave will play like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CniXIMb0oo in a battle against kirk
Rob will just stand there.

I think the world is trying to forget that horrendous solo. Especially us Megadeth fans.

I don't see what the big deal is, to be honest. I've never really liked Slayer or Anthrax, and I don't care for anything post-MOP from Metallica, and looking at their setlist, only about 4 or 5 songs out of 18 fall into that timeline.

I'd much rather see the Megadeth/Slayer/Testament tour coming up. Unfortunately, they're not coming back to Florida
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
It could be entertaining if they only played material from the time when they were considered being the big four names i thrash. Though I wouldn't pay the most likely ridiculously high ticket price.
HOLY ****IN ****! THIS IS AWESOME! I cant stand anthrax, or Mustaine (just mustaine not megadeth) tho. they better make a DVD of this, for realz, or a live broadcast? Theyre will probably many fights in the crowd over the bands.
Quote by MidniteHaze
HOLY ****IN ****! THIS IS AWESOME! I cant stand anthrax, or Mustaine (just mustaine not megadeth) tho. they better make a DVD of this, for realz, or a live broadcast? Theyre will probably many fights in the crowd over the bands.

I hope they boo Metallica off stage.
Quote by KreatorRage
Inb4 a ticket costing 500$

Lol, the cheapest ticket to that show costs like 70$. I know, because I'm going. Yeah!
Born to lose, live to win.
Quote by MidniteHaze

I have never met a metal fan IRL who wanted to argue about Megadeth and Metallica, I'm starting to think that it's strictly an internet phenomenon.
Am I the only one on this website who still really likes Metallica?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
If they make a DVD of this and one of the extras is Kerry King shooting Lars Ulrich and Dave Mustaine in the back of the head execution style while Tom Araya watches and cries I'll buy it. Otherwise, a big meh. Slayer's the only band on there I care about, and I can see any show with them on it and it'll be the same as any other. They're as consistent as my grandma's 3:00 AM poo.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Kinda awesome news, but it just feels like it's 20 years too late.

Of course it wouldn't have worked out so well 20 years ago without somebody dying...
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Guitarmike123
I have never met a metal fan IRL who wanted to argue about Megadeth and Metallica, I'm starting to think that it's strictly a Youtube video comments phenomenon.

Fix'd.

But yeah, most people like all four of these bands to varying degrees. Anthrax have to be the one I'm least interested in, though, since they haven't done anything worthwhile in so long.
Quote by Black Star
I think the world is trying to forget that horrendous solo. Especially us Megadeth fans.

I had never seen that and wish I hadn't as i'm a huge fan of Dave's music. Thanks.

Quote by Black Star
I'd much rather see the Megadeth/Slayer/Testament tour coming up. Unfortunately, they're not coming back to Florida

Amen to that. If I could've made my own changes to the "big four" lineup, it would've been Testament >>>> Metallica. So it be on feb 22 here in Moncton , except for Anthrax(which I only like the Among the Living album).
Quote by huevos
Probably the only one of 10 people worldwide.
Even Metallica don't like Metallica.

I had to have a best friend in that 10. My drummer was OBSESSED with Deat Magnetic for months. I just wanted to blow my brains out.
In terms of "Metal History" this is a huge deal...

IRL though, I don't give a **** since none of those bands have put out anything worth listening to since the 80's.
Looks like ill be putting my monies away to get a ticket to goto the poland sonisphere next year.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Quote by Senor Kristian
Kinda awesome news, but it just feels like it's 20 years too late.

Of course it wouldn't have worked out so well 20 years ago without somebody dying...

I was thinking the same thing.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Guitarmike123
I have never met a metal fan IRL who wanted to argue about Megadeth and Metallica, I'm starting to think that it's strictly an internet phenomenon.

Because they're too big of pussies to say it IRL. There's a lot of that I find.
Or because they have brains and better things to do than bitch about people they don't know.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fuck that shit. Nile, Immolation, and Krisiun FTW.

SO TRUE!
Thank god that I saw Nile with Krisiun
Quote by Nafon

Fuck, I knew it would be that video before I even clicked it

EDIT: And for the record, no matter how much that sucked, it only makes me like DAVE more. My dislike for Pantera and Dimebag is strong.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Dec 16, 2009,
And the winners are: Kepulix's and Webb's first posts in this thread. Kudos, men.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 2