I need to know which ones are good and which are crap out of: Edge III, Edge-Pro and Edge-Zero

Thx
In order from best to worst IMO:

Edge Pro > Edge Zero > Edge III

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Edge Pro: Awesome trem! One of the best Floyds ever made. Some people say this one is better then the OFR.

Edge Zero: Nice trem also, but some people complain that this trem is a bit "stiff" due to the ZPS.

Edge-III: Ibanez' version of the LFR. It's decent, but it tends to crap out on you after a while.
The only reason you'd get and edge III is to replace it with an edge pro.

Edge pro is equally as good as edge zero (once you remove the ZPS), they just have slightly different feels, due to thier shape and their ball bearing instead of the knife edge.

I own a Edge zero and they're prefect once you take out the ZPS (it's only there so it keeps some tuning once a string snaps, but once that happens the songs over then anyways)

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
so would you reccomend getting an Edge zero? it's the only one i'm unsure of atm. and what's a zps?
Last edited by 1nSingularity at Dec 15, 2009,
I'd say try them both out for yourself and make a decision, but if you can't do that and ur looking at a edge zero you won't be disappointed.
Cause i recently bought an S470 and i've fallen in love with the trem on it.
but then you also see it on the $5000 J-customs, so they definatly do something right.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
the ZPS is the stop bar at the back of the guitar for tuning stability purposes. Takes like 3 seconds to grab it and pull it out.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by 1nSingularity
so would you reccomend getting an Edge zero? it's the only one i'm unsure of atm. and what's a zps?

The Edge Zero is a very good trem, if there is one thing Ibanez can, then it's making good trems.

And if there is one thing they really can't do then it's putting decent pickups in their guitars
Quote by TheOpenMind
The Edge Zero is a very good trem, if there is one thing Ibanez can, then it's making good trems.

And if there is one thing they really can't do then it's putting decent pickups in their guitars
Should the pickups matter, though? won't the amp, pedal, and other external settings override what the pickups do?
I have very good experience with edge zero - it wont go out of tune either on vertical (bending) or horizontal (whammy) string movements.

I tried the other two trems, but just briefly, no oppinion, seems to me they're both ok
Quote by julzius

Cause i recently bought an S470 and i've fallen in love with the trem on it.
but then you also see it on the $5000 J-customs, so they definatly do something right.
Toodles!

No you don't.
Some facts
Edge III is made with the least durable materials out of these 3.
Edge Zero is no longer made in japan (China, welcome), it requiers more wood from body to be removed due to ZPS, ZPS causes stiffer feeling
Edge Pro is still MIJ, does not require ball endings to be cut off.
Now opinions:
If I were you I`d get a guitar with Edge Pro, and do the locking studs mod.
Quote by julzius
The only reason you'd get and edge III is to replace it with an edge pro.

Edge pro is equally as good as edge zero (once you remove the ZPS), they just have slightly different feels, due to thier shape and their ball bearing instead of the knife edge.

I own a Edge zero and they're prefect once you take out the ZPS (it's only there so it keeps some tuning once a string snaps, but once that happens the songs over then anyways)

Toodles!

You don't have an Edge Zero, you have a ZR. There's a big difference

I say Edge Zero. The ZPS is great. Don't listen to everyone telling you to immediately take it out. It's not a bad thing. It makes it so that the bridge doesn't move unless you touch the whammy bar. Regular trems will go flat with bending and vibrato which makes staying in tune for double stops. Palm muting can make the guitar go flat. Even holding the guitar in a different position can cause slight changes in tuning on floating trems. With the ZPS in, you get more sustain, it's tighter, and the tone it's brighter. Every once in a while, I decide to take the ZPS out for some flutter, but I put it back in 5 minutes later because flutter isn't worth dealing with the negatives without the ZPS. The ZPS also makes tuning extremely easy since changing one string doesn't affect the others.

And it doesn't matter where the trem is made. They don't use cheaper materials or cut any corners so it's fine.

If you get an guitar with the Edge Zero, it'll come with good pickups. If one a recent one with an Edge Pro, it won't come with good pickups.