Good morning everyone.

So, I've got a pretty nice Peavey Valveking 212 with Duel Celestions (G12K-100's) and a full retube with JJ and TungSol tubes.

Now, my dilemma is, it sounds amazing and is a beautiful Amp to play with when it's cranked and in the studio...

The problem is, I'm in full time work now and have long since left the band scene and am more into recording my own stuff at home, this brings the issue of noise and lack of cash (I can barely turn it above 1 at home without stuff shaking).

So, I was hoping to get some feedback, I'm thinking of selling my Valveking and trading it for a PodX3 (or equivalent), plugging it into my soundcard and getting some headphones and a mic and even some PA speakers if I can manage to afford them.

I expect I'll get a fair bit for it modded and this just seems like a good idea, I've heard good things about the Pod and how it can get some great tones etc and the benefit is I can record with it, get some good sounds, mix in vocals and even connect it to a PA system if I ever decide to get into a band situation again.

I know I can use phones with my Amp without an issue and mic my guitar to record but I'm still highly interested in the Pod method.

So, let's hear some feedback on this great/terrible idea!

Thanks!
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212
Ernie Ball - Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom strings
I'd try an attenuator if I were you. The POD is nice, but I would not give up the Valveking for it, for it's one of the best amps in its price range and really sounds great. An attenuator will decrease the volume a lot, but you won't lose any sound.
the pod X3 is very good but it will never give You a sound "just like an amp". For recording sure, but going live, I don't think You'll be able to get what You want with just the pod even through a PA
Quote by DarkValo666
I'd try an attenuator if I were you. The POD is nice, but I would not give up the Valveking for it, for it's one of the best amps in its price range and really sounds great. An attenuator will decrease the volume a lot, but you won't lose any sound.

This guy, dont give up a nice amp.
I think you guys are dead right, I really didn't want to give it up, with the mods I've made it sounds unreal
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212
Also, it might be hard to sell the VK - it's a nice amp for the money, but I don't think it'll be easy to sell it for good cash, even if it's modded.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Well, a lot of music shops are eager for part exchange so I would have probably been able to haggle a bit.

Especially with this crunch going on.
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212