Has anyone here ever had a friendship with someone of the opposite sex where you got so close with that person that you guys were practically brothers / sisters? I'm just asking because I'm this way with someone and it feels strange because I don't know anybody who's ever done this.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
I was like that with the woman I'm with now for a while.We were close friends,then friends with benefits,then we went back to just friends for a bit before actually committing to a relationship.

It's an odd thing that's for sure.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Nope, you're the first person in history to have a good friend of the opposite sex.

By the way, the makers of Forrest Gump called, they want their retard back.
No, nobody in the Pit has had that, ever. We're all so cool that any woman we get even remotely close to automatically becomes our own personal plaything to do as we will with.

Ok, that's not true, but I do have a boner now.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I have, we were really good friends, then we tried a relationship but decided that it would ruin our friendship, so we went back to being friends
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
I did once, loved her to bits as a friend, then started dating her.

she left me when she said it was weird, because it felt like she was shagging her brother.

My reply didn't help

I said, "I know but i don't mind sis."
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by neopowell
No, nobody in the Pit has had that, ever. We're all so cool that any woman we get even remotely close to automatically becomes our own personal plaything to do as we will with.

Ok, that's not true, but I do have a boner now.

On the contrary i have become like a brother with a girl, then we got in a fight, Then two weeks later........... i guess you are right she became "My own personal plaything."
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Quote by Pr0gNut
I was like that with the woman I'm with now for a while.We were close friends,then friends with benefits,then we went back to just friends for a bit before actually committing to a relationship.

It's an odd thing that's for sure.

Are you JD?
LIVERPOOL FC
Quote by STAN_THA_MAN
On the contrary i have become like a brother with a girl, then we got in a fight, Then two weeks later........... i guess you are right she became "My own personal plaything."

Was it the kind of fight that ended in a kidnapping?

My story is the opposite, my current lady completely hated me until about three months ago, until I brought her round to my way of seeing things. I brought her round hard. I brought her round all over her face.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I'm best friends with this guy whose dad went to college with my dad, and THEY were best friends. We've pretty much known each other since we were born. Or at least since I was born since he's a few months older.
I guess we think of each other as cousins since he already has a sister and she doesn't like me...
cat
Quote by guitarxo

I guess we think of each other as cousins since he already has a sister and she doesn't like me...

Bring her round through the power of sandwiching.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by neopowell
Bring her round through the power of sandwiching.

I don't understand
cat
Quote by metal_al
Are you JD?

No,though I wouldn't mind nailing Sarah Chalke and having John C. McGinley as my mentor.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i have one like that atm. i don't mind lol in a way it feels weird but then ur like.. mehh Feck it, it's not too bad.
like i talk to her about anything, i see her as a sister, but sometimes as a brother haha, i talk about pussy, tits, and everything i guy's talk is about to her. don't find it weird.
even better.. she has massive nockers =D
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that close, but I have no problems with building regular friendships with girls.
Quote by guitarxo
I don't understand

You will do. You will do...

And I'll probably get arrested for making inappropriate suggestions to a minor. Such is life...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

There's one problem with such situations, TS: the very nature of man.

What does a best girl friend want? Someone she can have serious discussions or have a laugh with, someone to comfort and hug her when she's sad, someone to hang out with when she's not in a relationship, someone to ask for advices.

What does the male counterpart want? Exactly the same... plus eventually, sex.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Last edited by Astyan at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by slash_GNR666

she left me when she said it was weird, because it felt like she was shagging her brother.

My reply didn't help

HOW DID THIS GO UNNOTICED!!!

it's practically siggable.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
To quote sleepless in seattle, men and women can't be friends, the sex always gets in the way.

I've been there twice by choice, both were with gals who were, for a lack of better words, something I'd rather not get mixed up in....a little insecurity on ones part, and the other was just too different from me for anything lasting to work, plus both had boyfriends, and I don't act as a cheat enabler no matter how bad she wants it, sorry, bad karma with me is a nono. I consider guys who help other gals cheat just as bad as the women who do the cheating (it takes 2 to tango). I'm all about avoiding drama.

Things have gotten better since I've stuck to one night stands...rather than "hehe, I think your cute, but let's just be friends (shows titties), no, I did not mean that that way..." bullshit, or turning around to see two other suitors giving me evil looks behind my back, instead I have Her = "I think you're hot/you remind me of my ex/whatevers" Me = "(looks in eyes and can see she wants it and makes first move)"......much more honest transaction there - I want to ****, she wants to ****, no B.S. 100% honest.

It's better (and more fun) to seem mysterious.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
I've been like that for the last 5 years with my best friend, but there has always been an underlying romance there. She finally told me she wanted a relationship with me, and even though that should probably make me worry, it doesn't because we could be around each other all day and still enjoy each others company.

So be careful TS, your sister might want to gnaw on the tip
What I meant was, am I the only one who has had a woman close so close to me you actually called them your sister?
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Quote by DragTheWaters11
What I meant was, am I the only one who has had a woman close so close to me you actually called them your sister?

Yes.

Her name's Jacqueline.

She's my sister.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by slash_GNR666

My reply didn't help

Legendary!
Quote by Danbo
Legendary!

+ 1000.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by slash_GNR666

My reply didn't help

oh god that's a great one!!!

for me...humm let's see. To be completely honest with you, in my entire life I have only had 3 "Friends" that were female, and i use that term loosely. Unfortunately for me, my nether regions and primal bestial lust seems to always get the better of me. long story short, I've ****ed all but one of them outta my life, it really is kinda sad. No one ever mentions the downsides of **** buddies, but I assure you, they go south pretty quickly (ifyouknowwhatimsaying)
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by skaterskagg1
So, friendzoned X1000?

this

but in reality TS, no.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Yeah she is pretty cool, but I can't say I've ever actually called her my sister...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Kind of, i have a good female friend and people have said we seem like we could be brother and sister, not so much because we are really close, but we are similar in alot of ways.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
One of my best friends growing up was a chick. We were always really tight and she was actually my girlfriends best friend back in highschool.

Now shes my girlfriend.

Yep.
yeh, but i wanted to screw her
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A