Who are your favorite local bands?

I like Toxic Narcotic, Colin of Arabia, From Here it's War, Blood for Blood, and Anal C unt.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
the guys who play thursdays at smokin joes bbq in brighton... it's blues but damn they're good at it!
Quote by theGlitch
the guys who play thursdays at smokin joes bbq in brighton... it's blues but damn they're good at it!

I'll have to check them out.

Anyone know some bands that are Heavy AND Technical in Boston?

It seems like that combo is impossible to find. And not just that but the people in Boston are like hostile to that kind of music. 'Musicians that know what they're doing!? And they use distortion!!??'

Not that that is all I like. Smooth Jazz and Classical are my number 2 and 3, but people here act like Hard Rock and Heavy Metal (and all the numerous subgenres) offer nothing to music.
Yeah, I live in Boston but I haven't seen many local metal or hardcore bands, it always seems to be Big D or local dj's/standard rock groups at Great Scott. I know someone who is in The Bathory Silence, they play through Team Shred (local heavy show organizers) but that's about it.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by jfreyvogel

my band!

www.soundclick.com/mataharius
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Rufiothebandito
Yeah, I live in Boston but I haven't seen many local metal or hardcore bands, it always seems to be Big D or local dj's/standard rock groups at Great Scott. I know someone who is in The Bathory Silence, they play through Team Shred (local heavy show organizers) but that's about it.

also really? ever been to the ICC? Cambridge Elks? Allston basement shows? boston is always full of great hardcore shows.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by jfreyvogel

It seems like that combo is impossible to find. And not just that but the people in Boston are like hostile to that kind of music. 'Musicians that know what they're doing!? And they use distortion!!??'

Not that that is all I like. Smooth Jazz and Classical are my number 2 and 3, but people here act like Hard Rock and Heavy Metal (and all the numerous subgenres) offer nothing to music.

That Organism Genova is great. Very technical death core. Kind of like See You Next Tuesday and Psyopus. The play at max's blues cafe in brockton, and at Limelight on Tremont St.

Abyss Called Home is pretty good too. The play the same venues. They've done some shows with TOG, too I think.

*Edit* TOG is cool, but their frontman is awful. He just stands in one spot and screams. No movement. But thier basist does alot of tappin' n shit.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Last edited by JHC_DOH at Dec 16, 2009,