Page 1 of 3
Some dude mentioned Papa Roach and Avenged Sevenfold when I asked him what bands he listened to when he said he liked metalcore and screamo. You know, cause screamo is music with screamed vocals, and metalcore is music with rap and metal (which was his definition).
Could be worse. BMTH could have been up there.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Oh hey, we use the same cursor.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
i read through an issue of AP today. it had an article on the most anticipated albums to come in 2010. im pretty sure all but maybe three were your standard mediocre neon pop bands. there was no diversity whatsoever. ive heard a lot of those bands. most of em have one or two good songs but its mostly overproduced waterdown pop.

all in all music in the media is ****ed. all the kids who say they listen to screamo, would cry if they heard seatia. all the asses who think paparoach is metalcore wouldnt last a minute at a shai hulud show.

ANYWAY

personally i think one huge problem is that there are too many labels signing bands that are not experienced. theres something about recording basement tracks that helps move music in new directions i think.
One legit band in hardcore, one legit band in grindcore, none in screamo.

But then again, what the hell do you expect and what does it matter anyway? People have shitty music taste. Always was, always will be.
I'm really not that bothered that people listen to bad music, it's the fact that people think ADTR is screamo that bothers me.
Quote by boffen
I'm really not that bothered that people listen to bad music, it's the fact that people think ADTR is screamo that bothers me.

i honestly believe oversaturation is to blame. im getting pissed off just reading this thread.

i feel like the only kid in highschool who actually cares enough about music to understand its roots and genres.
Quote by to45t

i feel like the only kid in highschool who actually cares enough about music to understand its roots and genres.

Well that's just it. For most people music is just casual listen time, even in more "extreme" music. "it sounds good to them, they like it" and that's as far as they'll go.

I saw these results coming...but still ): poor grindcore, poor, poor screamo.
The first picture can be forgiven slightly...

Second and third made me sad. I hate that screamo has become a derogatory genre.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
What surprises me the most is the fact that ADTR is #23 most listened artist in 2009.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

What's even worse is their Melodic Death Metal tag. Dead by April? Seriously? They're a shitty Swedish pop-metalcore band. Just because they're Swedish doesn't mean they're melodeath.

Seriously, they're worse than ADTR.

EDIT: Lamb of God in Death Metal?
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by jetfuel495
Just because they're Swedish doesn't mean they're melodeath.

Waaaaait, there are bands from Sweden that aren't melodeath?!
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Waaaaait, there are bands from Sweden that aren't melodeath?!

ino, rite? One of the old Haunted guitarists plays in it. Or maybe an ex Nightrage guitarist. Either way, some Swedish guy left a good band to play in it.
Quote by boffen
Dead By April is the worst band ever.

Yes, unless Brokencyde is also being discussed.
The Grindcore list made me actually laugh. That was hilarious.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Also, a guy just posted in another forum that the problem with ETID live "was that they were too energetic and that the guitar player (JB) spat and was gross".

Seriously...

Why do these people even listen to harder music, and why do they go to shows?
Too energetic? Cerebral LOLsy
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
They're all okay lists, but the fact that ISMFOF is on there is a complete joke
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada

No. They're not okay lists. They're fucking terrible.
It proves that kids today have very little understanding of genre schisms and the roots of heavy music.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
im one of those "kids these days" and quite frankly im ready to massacre the ****ing assholes who make those lists.
Quote by tancanada
They're all okay lists,

you would say that becuase you are one of themmm!
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by to45t
im one of those "kids these days" and quite frankly im ready to massacre the ****ing assholes who make those lists.

So am I though.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
When somebody says kids these days they only really mean the stupid ones anyway.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by tancanada

why do you even bother posting when you have crab ****ing core in your sig?

that screamo list makes me sad. in fact they all do. what website is this from? not last.fm i take it, that's always fairly good...
i am also curious to know what website that is from
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
It's from last.fm.

The lists are stupid though, all it takes is for the band to be tagged hardcore by anyone, then it will appear under the hardcore list. It's entirely user based.
who cares. kids who listen to those bands arent hardcore kids and they wont be relevant to the hardcore scene in a year or two anyway, or they will take their heads out of their asses and listen to good music one day.

that said, i personally dont care what music anyone listens to.. shouldnt be labeled as hardcore though

the screamo list is prolly the funniest one though
Quote by willingvictim
that said, i personally dont care what music anyone listens to.. shouldnt be labeled as hardcore though

I think that is the whole point.
jesus christ the grindcore category was well worth clicking this thread.
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
Quote by BGSM
why do you even bother posting when you have crab ****ing core in your sig?

Its a joke, as in im not 4srs dood.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by nashawa
Too energetic? Cerebral LOLsy

Sorry, I'm stealing that to use IRL.

I'm surprised Anaal Nathrakh is on there though...as anything. I mean..they have a grindcore influence, but the fact that enough people are listening to them to put them on that list, makes me feel...a little better.
Quote by slorggetti
Holy shit, this made me depressed...

Every genre has the stupid kids that follow stupid bands blindly make the real fans ashamed to be fans. Rock has Nickleback. Metal has Slipknot. Rap has Soulja Boi (thousands upon thousands of other talentless ****s ruining things for the few good artists) But you get the point don't pay attention to that shit it's just the stupid kids.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
what a sad world we live in.
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
Quote by NY_FootBall49
Every genre has the stupid kids that follow stupid bands blindly make the real fans ashamed to be fans. Rock has Nickleback. Metal has Slipknot. Rap has Soulja Boi (thousands upon thousands of other talentless ****s ruining things for the few good artists) But you get the point don't pay attention to that shit it's just the stupid kids.

My point wasn't the terrible music, though. It's the fact that most of the bands aren't even remotely close to the genre they've been put in.
Page 1 of 3