I am a newbie, and a troller from way back. Not new to bass however and was looking to get one of these new basses. Please pick it because I cannot.

I got prices now
Schector Stiletto elite 400
G&L L2000 tribute 400
Musicman SUB 425
Carvin LB75 400
Warwick Corvette Standard sold

and my new interest the
Peavey t-40 275.00

All are about the same price and I know so little about each. Please aid.
I play Rage against the Machine, but some Texas blues and stuff. Pretty much all over the board.

And yes, I have done searches out the wah zooo.

Thanks again
Stay Motivated
CJSDAD
Last edited by CJSDAD at Dec 16, 2009,
I don't really know much about bass guitars so i can only say on the style of it, and i'd pick warwick corvette standard.
Have you played them all? If not, go play them all! You may well find that solves your problem, as normally one will feel more comfortable to you than the others.
Music man does not make the sub anymore, that brand has been replaced with sterling by musicman and get one of those
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
Music man does not make the sub anymore, that brand has been replaced with sterling by musicman and get one of those

Maybe he's looking at a used one, that's how I got mine.
Quote by Spaz91
Try them all out. Then buy the Warwick

/purely objective reply

Empirical evaluation is accurate
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
I already own a Jazz Bass and I have played them all at GC minus the SUB. I was on the CL and found a 1979 Peavey T-40. I do love vintage...thoughts?
thanks for all the responces btw
I just checked out the pricing I could find. Let me know what you think now.
thanks
CJ
I'd say the G&L, but thats my fanboy-ism shining through.

You can't go wrong with the G&L, the Musicman, or the Warwick, go for one of those
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
try them all, they're all nice basses but all totally different. In terms of value for money, i'd say the G&L, and i've tried 3 of those 5 and owned two of them.
alright the warwick is out of the running. It got sold and unfortunatley not to me.
if that G&L is not a tribute, get it. that price be ridonkulis.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
it is a tribute, but I found out the Stiletto is an elite? Thoughts.
elite, meh.

Carvin or the Tribute.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I haven't really played most of the other basses, but I played the elite and thought that it was pretty boss.

Fuck that - I want a bass amp that can suck dick! Where do you find such a thing
I played the t-40, the jazz and the sub. none of the higher ends. I am going to do that this weekend at GC.

Regardless, I am appreciating the feedback and looking to see where this ends. So far the SUB is looking like the fav. Considering the Warwick is no longer avalible.
I played a t-40. It had a nice feel, but I wasnt able to plug it in. Warwicks are great.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by CJSDAD
it is a tribute, but I found out the Stiletto is an elite? Thoughts.

i can't stand EMG pickups, they're rubbish. Get the G&L.
I got the T-40 and man its funky. Funky is a good thing. Its like this was made to play slap. And the sounds are great. With the dual, dual coil buckers the sounds are deffinate and unusual. I cannot what to see what it can do with my trace in full tilt.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
CJ