Hey people!
Went to music shop today to look for a new guitar , and narrowed it down to 2 guitars.
They are :
1) Ibanez RGR321EX - http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ibanez-rgr321ex-electric-guitar-black--38297

2) Vintage v100 - http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/14142-vintage-v100-wine-red-les-paul-deluxe-style-.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

My style of playing isn't just pinned down to one genre , and like to play things ranging from Pink Floyd , to Lamb of God :P
Apparently the pickup quality is virtually the same , and both are nice to play.
So i guess its down to hardware.
2 questions :

1) Which would you say has better hardware? (tuning pegs etc)
2) Which would you choose if you were in my position?

Thanksss!!
1. The RGR
2.The RGR
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
The Vintage definitely has better tuners; Wilkinson Deluxes versus Ibanez's own.
The Bridge is about the same quality probably. Just a strat style fixed bridge to a tune-o-matic one. It's personal preference really.

I would go with the Vintage.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Wow , very quick response cheers!
Wow , alot of Ibanez lovers vs Vintage :O

Sorry if i ask lots of questions , but just trying to lap up as much advice as possible

The tuners on Ibanez aren't good ?
Also , what about the sustain?

Thanks agian!
I love my RGR321, the sustain is excellent, and the tuners are fine, I've never had a problem with them.
Ibanez RGR321EX
Marshall Valvestate 8080
It's about equal. Ibanez guitars (at least the reasonably mid-range ones and up) tend to have pretty decent hardware (the Edge III is the exception because of the materials it's made of), and the Vintage has Wilkinson stuff, which is pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have the RGR421, only issues I've had with the tuners is my own GASing for some locking ones.

One that note, I want all that black hardware. Damnit. Black > Cosmo.
So all in all , no need to worry about hardware on Ibanez?
Sorry im lacking knowledge of their hardware
Cheers!
The hardware is fine, if you want to spend $80 or whatever on some locking tuners it will make stringing easier but really no other point. Maybe when the original ones start to fail but that will be years down the road. You'll know when it happens because the guitar won't hold tune very well and on some big bends you may actually even see the tuner move slightly