Yes
38 30%
No i know someone/people that have it
34 27%
No
55 43%
Voters: 127.
Page 1 of 2
So i was talking to my mate (girl) and found out they were an insomniac and barely sleep 2 hours a night does anyone else have this problem pit????
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
I have once a year insomnia...it's hard to explain but ususally every year I cannot sleep for about a week or more.

God I hate when it happens.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I'm a full blown insomniac, usually going three days without any sleep, then I'll sleep some, then repeat. been like this for close to 3 years now
Super Ape on vinyl changed my life.
I've had it for years.It really makes you want to stab the people that complain about over sleeping.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I get four hours sleep and feel absolutely hungover if I get any more or less. Its 4am yay! Eastcoast Australia represent etc...
...In my opinion.
Every winter for some reason. Crazee. I only sleep a couple of hours a night at the moment, and it's getting worse. By new years I doubt I'll be getting any. Happens every year.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
hah i can sleep for 12 hours at a time.

olololololol

no really i can, i love sleeping

i know people who are insomniacs, they complain about not sleeping a lot.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by sg255
Every winter for some reason. Crazee. I only sleep a couple of hours a night at the moment, and it's getting worse. By new years I doubt I'll be getting any. Happens every year.

thats odd my mate has it yearlong and shes had it since she was 5 (shes 18 now)
Maybe your "mate" should go join some support groups. haha

(please tell me someone gets that!)
"Insomnia" doesn't mean you have trouble sleeping or barely sleeps you have to get a diagnosis to be called an INSOMNIAC
I havent slept for more then 2 hors a night for the past 2 years. She'll get used to it
I had it for like 3 weeks, but then I took some melatonin and everything went back to normal.
JAMC
Not really. I had a hard time sleeping a couple of years back, and I'm currently having great difficulty trying to re-adjust my body clock back UK time, but I've never had real insomnia
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I have a type of insomnia, I forget what it's called, it's not as extreme as the dudes from Fight Club though.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.

I haven't slept for a year...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

I haven't slept for a year...

looks like you havent ate in a while either mate
i always slept great until last night where i slept 3ish hours (i usually sleep 9)
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by i love alanis
ive been alseep the past 2 years.

That's basically how I feel :/
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
i often wake up in the middle of my sleep. sometimes i get to sleep again right away, sometimes i just need to piss and sometimes i stay awake for hours.. according to wikipedia, it is a kind of insomnia. last night, for example, i went to sleep at 10 and woke up at 1 am. i stayed awake until 6 and then i got to sleep again.
Quote by havokca
It's like homer said:

First you get the guitar
Then you scallop the frets
Then you get the women

ARGENTINO
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Gah the sun is rising. I HATE seeing the sunrise. Especially when I was awake to see it set.
I hate sleep too. When I wake up, I feel disoriented. I dont know what day or time it is, I dont know where I am half the time, and by the time I come to properly I remember that I do this every time I wake up and im going to have to fall asleep sooner or later and wake up all over again. And when I do sleep I have nightmares which make me cry out and grind my teeth in my sleep [my dentist and girlfriend will testify to this] so I wake up with a headache from grinding my teeth and a horrible new idea for song lyrics or a story.

It sounds like some petty worry but it actually terrifies me and fills me with a heavy, dread-y feeling.

On the plus side, I am awake for an extra 6-10 hours than the average person, AND I have bipolar, [this is hard for me to say not because its personal but because I hate people who parade around their mental illnesses like they are awesome to have] which is supposed to make you more creative, so I have an extra half day or so of being super-creative. In theory.
...In my opinion.
Last edited by Benjibum2nd at Dec 15, 2009,
my gf had insomnia, she had to go through therapy and stuff. now she's doing a bit better
I was diagnosed with mild insomnia before. I still don't think I get as much sleep as I should but I don't wake up randomly in the middle of the night anymore.
I can barely stay up past 11:00 PM
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
The only way I'd be out before 3 AM anymore is with a crowbar to the back of the head.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
i dont really think circadian rhythm problems count, but over summer i got in the habit of going to sleep at 4am and waking up at 11.

i still havent actually broken the habit, at all. how i pulled this semester off is a miracle
Quote by cerpintaxt45
i dont really think circadian rhythm problems count, but over summer i got in the habit of going to sleep at 4am and waking up at 11.

i still havent actually broken the habit, at all. how i pulled this semester off is a miracle

I have the same "habit." It isn't a Circadian rhythm problem as far as I know, assuming you haven't tried and failed to go to bed earlier for like weeks now.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by MusicMan24
I can barely stay up past 11:00 PM

i can barely stay up past 6 (in the morning) lol
insomnia its terrible!
i have to sleep with music,otherwise i can't sleep
Hard Rock,Nu Metal,Trance n Hardstyle lover
I did last year, wouldn't sleep for a few nights, then get a little. Now, i can sleep for 12 or so hours if i try
I had it...maybe 2 years ago. It was horrible. I would lie there and I would almost be dreaming, but I knew I wasn't asleep. Like hallucinating and being fully aware of it.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Page 1 of 2