it kind of sounds like you want us to just sort of guide you through it step by step.. it's not really that easy, though..

with the information you've given us, theres not really an easy place to start, either :/
do you have experience in woodworking?
do you know what kind of woods you'll use?
would you bend your own sides, or would you find some pre-bent sides?
scale length?
bracing pattern?

like.. theres alot that goes into it, especially an acoustic guitar. if you really want to just dive in, take a look at an acoustic kit.
www.stewmac.com, and www.lmii.com both have kits, as well as many other places online.

but from your post, it kind of seems like you've already got your ideal acoustic in mind (in the picture), and you're hoping building one similar to it can save you the cost of buying it..
..which isn't really the case

sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions and took your post the wrong way.. but, yeah. just do lots of reading, then maybe start with a kit.. it's not exactly the kind of thing where we can be like "ok, so do this, then this, then this" before you understand why you should do 'this'
Uhm. Your going to need to know a lot more then what we tell you, there's no set way to do everything. Get some books, read online, and plan everything out, down to what tools you need, and all the wood.

Then try. Maybe. I'd suggest a electric guitar first, or at least a acoustic kit.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I have had 3 years of woodworking experience, I'm going to be using oak as the sides and alder for the top, maybe, because I have made an electric before, and I don't know what kind of wood to use, like is it the same thing, you just get different sounds out of different woods, I'm not to sure. I'm going to be making it all myself (curves and what not) but what I really need to know is how long to make the neck and such. So what I'm getting at is, lengths and measurements. And I was also looking at those kits, they are quite expensive. Sorry for not being to specific.
Quote by xxans
I have had 3 years of woodworking experience, I'm going to be using oak as the sides and alder for the top, maybe, because I have made an electric before, and I don't know what kind of wood to use, like is it the same thing, you just get different sounds out of different woods, I'm not to sure. I'm going to be making it all myself (curves and what not) but what I really need to know is how long to make the neck and such. So what I'm getting at is, lengths and measurements. And I was also looking at those kits, they are quite expensive. Sorry for not being to specific.

Seriously...just stop right there, for your own good.

While you clearly have no idea of the undertaking that you are suggesting, I admire your desire to do it.

So lots of reading and learning to be done by you

If you can buy This Book it will tell you everything you could possibly want to know and, if you watch These Videos (start at Part 1) you can see how it is done, step by painstaking step.

Also, take note of how the lovely Canadian chap grew old and went bald while making the guitar

Best of luck.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Dec 15, 2009,