I'm liking that single hum version

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I really want to like that HSS one.

Unfortunately, the ones I saw at my local store were set up really funny and played poorly. I don't know if they would have been good with a more reasonable setup.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
The single hum one looks pretty damn cool, but I would like it more if it had a maple fretboard. Single pickup guitars are amazingly cool.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
nice. i like those better than the earlier ones (though the white one was cool). Single hum one would possible be better with a maple board (and something other than a JB), as kurapica said, but i like that hss one (though i've just checked, and i don't like the pickups it comes with).

Shame i wasn't blown away by the previous versions I tried in the shops; I imagine these wouldn't be any different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 15, 2009,
The one with the pickguard looks to have a transparent finish
Quote by DSOTM80
The one with the pickguard looks to have a transparent finish

The finish is called Trans Red Ale. The one above it is Trans Kandy Gold. In case you missed the obvious, trans refers to a transparent finish.
No I didn't miss the obvious, I just went by looking at that photo. I don't know the names of all their finishes and yes I've been around guitars long enough to know what a trans finish is
The batch is called the Lucky 7, because it's the 7th batch

Yet all are 6 strings

Disappointed
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I badly want a metallic green or candy plum Charvel. If only I had some money Stupid GAS.
Quote by DSOTM80
I'm liking that single hum version

Why, u can get two for the same price ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Why, u can get two for the same price ...

You get a different tone from just one pickup. Not from the obvious things, such as more wood and less magnetic pull on the strings, but just from a cleaner and purer signal path. Makes a massive difference. Helps LP Jrs, SG Jrs, Melody Makers and Esquires get a good tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

I dont know about a massive difference ... I will have to try one out one day ... thanks though.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

^ No worries. I've got a massive fancy for single pup guitars, just seem so perfect and minimal.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

I bought one from the last batch and couldn't be happier with it. It's perfect for me and I'm liking it much more than any of the Jacksons I own. I also have a Peavy on the way. I have been extra good to myself this Christmas.
The obvious things such as more wood of course makes a difference like mentioned but I think the signal path it where its at a lot also.

pickup > volume pot > output jack

Its just this pure, raw sound coming from the guitar and even better of course with the right pickup/wood combination.
If you don't use a treble bleed cap on the pot which I don't either, rolling back on the volume warms things up nicely for cleans. Best way is to set your amp to your desired max volume/drive and use the guitars volume knob to control things.
Of course, tube amp is a must.