Hey,

Okay, um, so yeah, finally got my eleccy, and im loving it (although I think I have a little fret buzz).

A couple of questions that need answering please:

1) How do you fix fret buzz? D= (I've got an Ibanez RGR321EX if that helps)

2) Any good songs for beginners to learn alt picking on (I checked the sticky, but it doesnt list it in difficulty order, and i tried a couple of the songs and they blew me apart :P)? I'm currently just practising the solo in Hangar 18 reaaaaaaally slowly, and also practising a riff by Paul Gilbert in Total Guitar Shred edition.

3) Um, my old acoustic only had 16 frets, my guitar has 24 now, and im having slightly problems finding a comfortable position for the lower frets - will this pain just go?

4) In terms of speed, I feel I've hit a brick wall.. I can't progress.

Thank you.
1. Raise the action. That means raise the buzzing string higher off the fretboard. You'll need tools to do that.

2. Slow down, buddy. If you're really a beginner you shouldn't be looking at ANY solos yet.

3. You mean higher frets? Are you playing standing up? If it's uncomfortable for you, tighten your strap. If you're sitting down, you shouldn't be having that problem.

4. Just practice hammers and pull offs and other easier stuff for now. Speed will come.
Check out my band Disturbed
Don't worry about speed - focus on playing cleanly and accurately. Speed is a byproduct of accuracy, coordination and economy of motion, so sort them out and the speed will sort itself out.

Watch Freepower's posture vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyvGD9edWcg and read the sticky - if you can't work out from that why you can't find a comfy position come back and ask again
Quote by StewieSwan

2. Slow down, buddy. If you're really a beginner you shouldn't be looking at ANY solos yet.

Is this a case of me wanting to run before i walk? I just do love shred ever so much.

So, should i forget about alt picking in the mean time?
Quote by Sirius Amory
Is this a case of me wanting to run before i walk? I just do love shred ever so much.

So, should i forget about alt picking in the mean time?

Don't forget about alternate picking. But don't expect to be shredding paul gilbert stuff any time soon. Patience
Check out my band Disturbed
The greatest learning you can get is from a teacher. One on one lessons really allow you to grasp the concepts of learning at a faster rate and allow you to understand more effectively. If you are low on money and can’t afford a teacher then the internet is the next best thing. This, though, is going to mean that you will be learning ‘on your own’. Many sites available for learning guitar.
Hindi Music Lyrics