Apparently there is a high dislike for these amps...?? lol, I'm not sure, but I got it for Christmas last year and it works just fine for me. (fine = key word)

Anyway, the amp apparently has the ability to hook up to your iPod...so you can play along with the music. That's what it said on the box? I was wondering if that is true, and if so, what wire do I have to get to connect the two together?

Any help is appreciated.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

I got soul but I'm not a soldier...
Yeah it does. just like get the cable with two headphone jacks and find the line in/mp3 plug on the amp.

and if nothing else when you get a new amp use that one as a stereo
Get the Line 6 IV 15W
newer and better.
Guitar center had them on sale for $68 last week...
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
rgenz93

Thanks, I will try that!!

and Bluekirby7
Yea, I've been meaning to save up for a better amp, but my first priority is to get a new guitar! Haha. Or at least the basics (guitar stand...reliable tuner)

Quote by bluekirby7
Get the Line 6 IV 15W
newer and better.
Guitar center had them on sale for $68 last week...

WTF is wrong with you?

1. He doesn't want another amp.
2. If he gets a new amp I hope to god its not that one.
3. Just because you own it doesn't make it good.

TS - Ya you just need a 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch cord. Try radio shack.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
get a aux cable and plug your ipod in one end and amp it the other it acts just like a stereo then i use it for mine all the time and i like them alot to i dont no why there always trashed
Bryce
Quote by xoguitarist95ox
get a aux cable and plug your ipod in one end and amp it the other it acts just like a stereo then i use it for mine all the time and i like them alot to i dont no why there always trashed

Hmm, its a mystery indeed! Lol. Thanks

tubetime86

Lol. Thanks for your help. And yes...I don't want a new amp anytime soon and if I did, I'd probably research more about it.

Quote by xoguitarist95ox

Wow, I'm not sure but they're might be an intelligent thought in that pile of shit. Its not a mystery why they are hated. Here at UG we judge amps on sound quality, not features. So while I agree the Spider series have some great features, that does not make them great. I'm glad you guys like yours now, but there will come a day when you see the light and realize its shortcomings. To be honest this is a sad day, because it means you will have begun a never-ending quest for a sound that you likely cannot achieve, or afford to achieve.

Quote by direngrey680
tubetime86

Lol. Thanks for your help. And yes...I don't want a new amp anytime soon and if I did, I'd probably research more about it.

No problem, glad I could help. Just a thought; if you have a TI-80 series graphing calculator (TI-83, TI-84, TI-85, TI-89, or whatever the hell else they've come out with since I was in school) the cord you are looking for is the one you link two calculators together with, just in case you have one laying around. As I said before, if not radio shack will have them for next to nothing.

About the amp, if it is still keeping you interested in playing then its doing its job. Just don't' let it cause you to lose interest, if you start to dislike the sound its time to start shopping.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
Wow, I'm not sure but they're might be an intelligent thought in that pile of shit. Its not a mystery why they are hated. Here at UG we judge amps on sound quality, not features. So while I agree the Spider series have some great features, that does not make them great. I'm glad you guys like yours now, but there will come a day when you see the light and realize its shortcomings. To be honest this is a sad day, because it means you will have begun a never-ending quest for a sound that you likely cannot achieve, or afford to achieve.

This man speaks truth...
dude. please don't go with line 6. it's pretty good at first, but in the long run, you're going to try other amps, and find out it sounds like shit with external pedals.

go with something that isn't amp modeling. you'll thank me.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by natehimself
dude. please don't go with line 6. it's pretty good at first, but in the long run, you're going to try other amps, and find out it sounds like shit with external pedals.

go with something that isn't amp modeling. you'll thank me.

Somebody needs to read previous posts.. ^^^
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
You need one of these:

Plugged into one of these:

The spiders are fine for practice amps. If you don't gig they offer a lot of (so-so) tones for the money. I have a Fender Super-sonic and a 6505 but still use my spider for practice.
yeah, that's the key here is to keep in mind they're practice amps. they don't need to sound great.

that said, there are two major failings by guitarists when it comes to spiders and similar practice amps: (1) that they're good for anything but practice, that is, a 100w spider head puhing a full stack is a VERY BAD IDEA (not to mention a waste of money), and (2) upgrading a spider with newer version of a spider is actually an upgrade... it's not... just another waste of money.
Quote by imicius
You need one of these:

Actually you just need the second and third one. You don't need a 1/8" to 1/4" converter jack.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Lol, thanks everyone for all of your advice and tips! I really appreciate it.