Page 1 of 2
Any of you guys got or had one? Just wanted to know if they're any good cause i've got the Red bevel pack one for christmas

Lemme know if they're good or not
I think they look like shit, but ive never played one, so they might be decent. depends what you play, I couldnt really see one for country
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
They are very much renouned as a bad guitar.

ive played one and they live up to their name, they suck.

Plus, as cool as they look now, you wait a few months, youl be fed up of the stupid shape
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
i play mostly B.C rich guitars, so im kind of a fan you could say, There good quality guitars, if you play metal, if your looking for a clean sound, you may have trouble, but they are a great shredding guitar, all depends what you play, but for metal, there great guitars,
Well... Not too bad as a starter guitar, but aside from that I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

What amp? Cos it'll sound like arse if you have a dodgy ten watt starter amp as well...

My bro has one, so I get the chance to play it regularly. It's a few years old, but it has dead frets all over the place, crap pups, it's uncomfortable to play and (IMO) butt ugly.

Edit: Sorry dude, harsh answers all round!

I will say, if you play it through a decent amp it will sound good, and BC Rich higher end stuff (like the Draco) do sound and play good, regardless of how you think they look. Just, BCR entry guitars suck balls.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Dec 15, 2009,
they are ok, but the pickups in them aren't the best. you can upgrade them but that is why you don't buy a guitar for its looks. there are better guitars in that price range. e.g ^ G-400, Yamaha Pacifica. They might not look quite as 'metal' but they will certainly satisfy for longer.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I got my son a starter pack with a Warlock several years ago. To my surprise it really played well and sounded great. He still uses it today and he prefers it over his Ibanez. Not all Warlocks are going to be that good though stay away from the bronze series try and go with an NJ series or higher. Of course the price gets higher with the quality but I have played some low end ones that were very good.

Like all guitars you need to try out several and make your own decision.

John
i own a b.c. rich ice warlock and love it. i play mostly metal and some other types of music and have been very pleased with it not 1 complaint it has a fas neck and ive had it for a couple of years and i dont know what the **** that guy was talking about the frets are still like brand new and i play every day. really the only thing that is just ok on the guitar is thee pickup but i replaced them and most pickups that come in the guitars suck anyway after market pickups are better. so all in all its a great guitar i would never sell mine cause i think its one of the best guitars out there. and **** all the guys that say they look and sound like shit they have no idea what there talking about
Think Ozzfest needs to chill the feck out there! No need for that...

As people have said, the pickups can be changed for better ones to fix the sound, and looks are all opinion. I think they're ugly, but I prefer classic shapes, stratocasters and telecasters. I know plenty of guys who think a tele looks like arse, so there you have it.

Not all guitars in the same range are the same. Some may be great, some may suck balls. I played two identical Squier VM telecasters, one was terrible, the other beat a £500 PRS SE.

As I wrote above, my experience with a Warlock wasn't good. But, a higher end one was very nice (sound and feel, I still thought it looked like arse!)

Play it, see how it is. Fingers crossed, you like it. Then of course, make the obligatory NGD thread and let us know how you found it.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by ozzfest96
i own a b.c. rich ice warlock and love it. i play mostly metal and some other types of music and have been very pleased with it not 1 complaint it has a fas neck and ive had it for a couple of years and i dont know what the **** that guy was talking about the frets are still like brand new and i play every day. really the only thing that is just ok on the guitar is thee pickup but i replaced them and most pickups that come in the guitars suck anyway after market pickups are better. so all in all its a great guitar i would never sell mine cause i think its one of the best guitars out there. and **** all the guys that say they look and sound like shit they have no idea what there talking about

...Overreaction much?

Right then, one of my best mates amongst guitarists owns an old ST-III, and it's an awesome guitar in all already except it's 10+ lbs. weight, so I'm not going to bandwagon it and say they suck.

That said, my old guitarist used to own one of these before he went off to college in August. To start off on they're really not horrible, but in less than a year you'll want an upgrade.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I owned a platinum series Warlock for a number of years... it was an ok guitar at best. Ok for a beginner guitar and that's about it. The tone is horrible, and it just felt really cheap.

I was a huge fan and loved it when I got it. But as I progressed as a player and learned more about guitar and got the opportunity to play many different types of guitars I realised how average the Warlock was.

So, sorry Ozzfest, I do know what I'm talking about. It is hard to say your first love was a dog but in my case it really was!!!
Thanks for the replies guys, well i guess i'l just have to wait and see what it's like. By the way what are "pickups" i don't know much about guitars tbf...I've currently got an old squire but moving to this warlock at xmas and i dunno about you guys but i love the way it looks i think it looks awesome

Hope i prove most of you wrong
It's not a "good" guitar per say but if you're a beginner it's fine. Of course you'd wanna upgrade the amp and the guitar soon if you start to really enjoy the guitar.

And pickups are those thing under the strings on the body. They basically give the guitar sound.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I have a friend who has a bronze warlock, and its garbage.

I have trouble taking anyone seriously who owns one, theyre just goofy and make me feel like Im watching some over the top costumed death metal guitarist play.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Depends. 9.5/10 bronze series warlocks will be pretty bad. Especially when played through the insane channel on a Line6 Spider 3. I haz a pretty good story actually.

Rival band, lead guitarist has a B.C. Rich Warlock, and our, well basically our guidance/producer guy told us to help him out with his tone, because my friend an I (even though I have a Line6 Spider 3, I run in it with a RP355 on the clean channel, tweaked for the best effect out of the pedal) have better equipment. So we're helping him out, and he freaks out, and yells "quit touching my ****ing guitar! you're ****ing everything up! My tone was perfect before you guys ****ed it all up!" and we're like "whoa, tweakasaur."

The funny thing is, we made him sound a lot better. But he pushed in the Insane channel and we went back to the "silent" room. We listened and watched. Our manager comes in and says "my God that has to be THE worst sound I've ever heard out of an amplifier before. I thought you guys helped him?"

Which just goes to show, Bronze Series B.C. Rich Warklock + Line6 Spider 3 on Insane Channel = douchebaggy-conceited guitarist.

Don't be like that.
I've got a friend with a Bronze Warlock. Here's my thoughts on it.

Cons: Huge neck dive, pointy body is painful to play sitting down, pickups are crap

Pros: 24 frets, very fast neck
I have a plat warlock that i never play, reason i dont play it? Feels Cheap, Sounds Cheap, Looks cheap, im sure a higher end mahogany lock would be different, but anything below those.........
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by necrosis1193

Right then, one of my best mates amongst guitarists owns an old ST-III, and it's an awesome guitar in all already except it's 10+ lbs. weight, so I'm not going to

The STIII is one of my "must-get-one-before-i-die" guitar. i really like it.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
It's not really any better/worse than other guitars in it's price range. Properly setup they will play just fine. However, they really do have a stigma associated with them and it's up to you if you want to be associated with it.

If you want something with a 'cool' shape I would go with an SG, Explorer, Iceman, Destroyer, V, or such.
Bc Rich Blows
GEAR
- 1998 fender stratocaster w/ custom paintjob
- Epiphone les paul custom
- Esteban Signature 100 w amplifier
- Custom hook up stereo amplifier
- Dean Signature V style bass
- Boss Overdrive Pedal
Fair enough a lot of you dont like it but ive played it solid since xmas and tbh i think it's a decent guitar but then again i havn't had a lot of experience with guitars...and can you get new pickups then?
Yes but an better amp would be better. I did exactly what you did, I had a strat copy and thought the Warlock looked awesome and got one. I was in GC and I turned down an 80's Warlock for a Bronze because it had a broken input. Looking back I'm ashamed.

You'll want to upgrade after a while, trust me. Invest in a good amp first though. The Bronze series is bad but even worse with a bad amp. I actually like sitting down with it in a classical position. I'm fixing up my old one soon and plan on selling it. Refinish, new pups and tuners.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by blink185
Bc Rich Blows
You know what blows?

The fact that idiots like you are on this board jumping on bandwagons. Learn to think for yourself.

Honestly, the medium-high end BC Warlocks are fantastic guitars. Only the low end ones are paper-weights. I personally don't like the shape of a warlock,
Here is the problem with B.C. Rich. Now I AM a fan of BC Rich, but in the end of the 80's the founder (bernie Rico) sold the company and it became cheap, trying to make guitars more affordable, which was the founders intent, but the company that bought it over did it. The high end B.C. Rich guitars are GREAT! (Draco, Mocking Bird, Bich, etc) Again, you won't get much of a Clean sound out of them, as all the pickups that are used are designed for metal (and sound better in lower tunings) The only B.C. Rich guitar that sounds good clean that I have had the chance to play, was the Bich Perfect 10 (which is a 10 string guitar, much like a 12 string it has paired strings, but the lowest two string are un paired so you can still play power chords with out the added noise from paired strings.)
Gear:
Lotus strat copy (1996)
Stedman Pro Executioner
B.C. Rich Warbeast STD
B.C. Rich KKV Signature
Schecter Damien Elite FR
Fender P-Bass

Amp:
Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall 4x12 cab with celestion rockin 30's
Boss ME-50 Multi-effects
Pretty much one of those you either buy to add to the collection, or just because you want to pretend to be an 80s metaler like WASP ha ha. Not bad but probably best to put your money somewhere else? I play an Ibanez which still has the fun element, but at high volume can still do a lot of damage!
I would love to get my hands on an 80's B.C. Rich.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
watru guys smoking? the warlok is sexy wat are u gunna compare it to? half of u guys probbably dont even own warlocks
Quote by Necr0maniac
They are very much renouned as a bad guitar.

ive played one and they live up to their name, they suck.

Plus, as cool as they look now, you wait a few months, youl be fed up of the stupid shape

you must have played a bronze series.

the higher end models are actually very nicely built and sound pretty good. Even though i simply cannot stand their shape and neck profile.

^ myrmidion14 are you 8 years old? if that's the case, act your age, you're behaving like a 5 year old.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jan 4, 2010,
?? no im 14 wat does it matter half the people online dont act the way they really are the fat people say theyre athletic the ugly people say theyre good looking the losers say theyre popular
Quote by myrmidion14
o and all of the emoticons were me experimenting

Please leave.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by necrosis1193
...Overreaction much?

One could ask the same of everyone bagging on the guy's starter pack guitar. Am I going to swap my Anderson out for a bronze series Warlock? No. But it'll get him started, and probably plays OK, and he'll look pretty metal doing it.

I bet some of you guys make an effort pee in every bowl of cheerios you see
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
"I turned down an 80's Warlock for a Bronze because it had a broken input."

Ouch!
Yeah, you'll be kicking yourself in the @ss FOREVER over THAT.....I know I would be.
USA model BCR's are really fine quality instruments, especially if they're neckthru.
Heck, even the later NJs are nothing to sneeze at if they're real Nagoya's.
And, again, if they're neckthru, GO FOR IT!
The newer higher end ones seem to be well received as well.

A Bronze series is what it is.
It's the lowest model line BCR makes.
Not every Ibanez/Schector/ESP,etc model is as good as the higher end ones either, it's just a fact.
EVERY brand makes a low end model.
And I've played PLENTY of crappy low end guitars from all of those makers.
Played some REALLY NICE ones too.
I simply CAN NOT emphasize how important setup is.
Electronics, pickups, amp, etc, are they important?
Sure are.
But setup is where it all STARTS, where you're putting finger to string.
Everything else comes AFTER that.
The more comfortable you are, the better you'll play, heck the more comfortable you are on the guitar, the more you'll WANT to play.
And that goes for EVERY guitar, no matter the make or the pricetag.

I've played crappy guitars (pricewise) that felt and played amazing after being setup.
Now, the sound?
That took some work....heh....
Last edited by Rev. V! at Jan 4, 2010,
k guys im new to ug and dont really know much.....so honestly could u guys cut me some slack and quit ragging on me.....i mean were all part of the guitarist brotherhood so treating each other with the respect we deserve is an obligation
guys, offer up some advice as to wat is a good brand and make for my 1st distortion peddle
Page 1 of 2