ive always wanted a cheap flanger pedal for messing with and then i thought...

when i buy my mates unbranded stratocaster for £20, would there be anypoint in my proposed idea of modding the guitar so the electronics from inside the pedal are in the guitar and the dials are coming through through drill holes, and the switch is also exposed in some way.

ive seen it done before, after a fashion, Any ideas?
Quote by Stugg334
I just started writing a metal solo, and so far I have:

*Hit Lead Button On Mesa*
*Spread legs to width of 160cm*
*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Zappa used to do it with ODs, fuzzes, wahs, etc. A flanger would sound like crap in front of distortion though. It's not that hard if you know how to solder and know how to connect wires/drill.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What if you want to use flanger with a different guitar? Kinda screwed then... but yeah it can be done.
Matthew Bellamy has a zvex fuzz built into one of his guitars, and like someone else said, Zappa did the same. Its a good idea, if you have multiple guitars.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Some people use Flanges in front of dirt. Generally modulation into dirt makes it sound a bit more "Natural" if that makes any sense but also a lot less intense.

I think Matt Bellamy has a Phaser built into his guitar but I could be wrong. IMO it would be kind of pointless.

I don't know about Flanger but GFS does a Chorus -

http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html
Thanks guys, i think im capable of doing it, i might do it with distortion or delay or something because i already have those on a pedal, i think there is a decent cheap delay at the local curly's music shop...
Quote by Stugg334
I just started writing a metal solo, and so far I have:

*Hit Lead Button On Mesa*
*Spread legs to width of 160cm*
*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
It'd be a fun toy. I think Matt's right though flange in front of everything would sound quite muddy. Effects in guitars is cool though.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Darkflame
matthew bellamy has a fuzz factory, a phase90 and a korg kaoss pad into his guitars, so it's doable

I never knew he had a phaser in there, that's pretty damn cool.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey