I don't get it. MGs seem to be kind of pricey for what they are and what you can get instead of them. I don't think they're awful amps in of themselves but paying $400+ for a basic SS practice amp is crazy.

While tube amps are generally expensive, it's still possible to get a perfectly giggable, "Professional" level one for around the same cost as the larger MGs. I just don't see the point in it, it just seems the whole thing is a big con and it annoys me.

I know they've improved the MGs quite a bit but I don't see why they deserve to cost the same or more than a decent SS amp like the Peavy Bandit. If you compare Vox's pathfinder series too, no contest. Even the Fender Frontman series seems better, the price actually reflects it's worth a hell of a lot more.
Because they have the word "Marshall" on them.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified

+89798436873495647395087463259

There's really no other reason other than because they can charge whatever the hell they want and n00bz will still buy them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
the name /thread
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by mmolteratx
+89798436873495647395087463259

There's really no other reason other than because they can charge whatever the hell they want and n00bz will still buy them.

Exactly. Clearly, since it says Marshall, it must sound like it's tube brothers.

Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Jimmy Hendrex Used Marhsals! Their The Best Amps In The World!!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Jimmy Hendrex Used Marhsals! Their The Best Amps In The World!!

and Slash tooo he is sooooo cool, I have his epihpone gitar and everything!
Just because certain artists use certain amps, it doesn't mean that they are better or worse that others, it just means that it worked for that artist.

You never know a really good artist may emerge and he may use MG's.

And to answer the question, tbh, MG's arent that expensive, the best way to buy Marshall is to look second hand though.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by TheRectified
Exactly. Clearly, since it says Marshall, it must sound like it's tube brothers.

that's what the noobs think. that's why noobs buy any cheap halfstack and any >100watts amp; they think that they will sound and play better because they have a big amp or a marshall/fender amp

Quote by ChiliFan01
not good in my list, but some guy in a band called electric X or something like that, uses MG's
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
and Slash tooo he is sooooo cool, I have his epihpone gitar and everything!

awsoem! dat meenz u snd just leik slash if u haf liek da same guitar n ampilifer!!!11

but yeah.. the MG full stack is horrendously overpriced for what it is.. there really is no reason for it to cost that much.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by ChiliFan01
Just because certain artists use certain amps, it doesn't mean that they are better or worse that others, it just means that it worked for that artist.

True, to be fair, Wayne Static uses the MGHDFX100, or at least claims he does.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
How many SS watts do you need and still be a practice amp?
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Quote by ChiliFan01

And to answer the question, tbh, MG's arent that expensive, the best way to buy Marshall is to look second hand though.

Just because the artist is good, doesnt mean their tone is good.
Quote by TheRectified

DONE.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Yngwie#1
How many SS watts do you need and still be a practice amp?

Wattage with SS amps doesn't matter with low volume like a tube amp which is probably one of the reasons why some people don't bother with tube amps to begin with. A lot of the "Shitty" SS amps still sound better(or at least more consistant) at low volumes than some tube amps.
Presence of their brand name = justification to charge an exorbitant mark up, regardless of how good the tone really is.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.