Hi, I'm trying to find a good interface (I have a macbook pro) and a good mic to record both acoustic guitar and voice.

If possible I would like to use the mic for electric guitar as well, but I have a silent recording output that i can hook up anyway, so it's no big deal if the mic can't be used for stickin in my speaker cone.

can you use the same mic for recording electric/ voice/ and acoustic?

my budget is around $150ish for the interface, and then I have no idea about mics, but I'm obviously on a budget, and i'm obviously not a professional.

brands to look for, and other tidbits of info are helpful of course

cheers!
-Sean
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Yea, I'm looking at the Tascam US-122mkII interface (which has phantom power ) and a MXL V63 M

seems to be a good setup

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Quote by strat212
Yea, I'm looking at the Tascam US-122mkII interface (which has phantom power ) and a MXL V63 M

seems to be a good setup

See if you can find an AT2020 for cheap on eBay, I got mine for like $50. Haven't been able to use it yet since I don't have PHANTOM POWER. Unfortunately with recording it's generally a good idea to spend more than $150 total. However with the Tascam and an Audio Technica mic you'd wing it no bother.
look at audio technica mics. large diaphragm condenser mics in particular. MXLs are alright, but you get more for your money with AT. tascam's got some decent interfaces for cheap, so definitely check them out.
So i'm in between Audio Technica's AT 2020, and MXL's V63, cause they're both within 10 bones of each other, but I don't know what the perks are of either one

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Just bought the AT2020.

I stopped in on 3 different occasions before I made the decision and had 4 different people (one a customer) tell me it was the best mic for the dollar range.

It's beautiful.