got it off ebay brand new in box for $65.00 USD. going to be paired with a gibson p94 thats on its way. got that used. both will be going into my gibson V. going to doing a few things to this guitar.

stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by al112987
'57 classics are solid, especially for $65.

yeah, for the price and it being brand new i cant complain at all. once i have the guitar all sanded and clear coated and all the electronics done ill be set.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?

Props for the bling...

Do share what you'll be doing to your V.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I love the tone of my 57 classics in my Les Paul Traditional.....but they are definitely noisy S.O.B's! My muting techniques have improved/changed just from owning the Les Paul.
Quote by ragingkitty

Props for the bling...

Do share what you'll be doing to your V.

just going to sand the guitar to bare wood. clear coat the body and do a oil grain filler on the neck and wet sand smooth. plus putting the p94 and 57 in it with all new cts pots.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
if you haven't bought the electronics yet, I'd go with RS guitarworks wiring harness. Or at the very least a super pot and pick up an NOS PIO cap online.
Quote by al112987
if you haven't bought the electronics yet, I'd go with RS guitarworks wiring harness. Or at the very least a super pot and pick up an NOS PIO cap online.

ordered rs explorer/flying v upgrade kit with the cts pots. The modern one. Decided I'll get a vintage for the SG.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT