well i usually play acoustic, but i do have a halfstack kustom quad that i occasionaly plug into. anyhow, worked great last time i used it (a week or so), now i plug it in and it has a horrible horrible buzzing noise. i thought, meh... no biggie, ill switch out the cord from the amp to the speakers,,, nope. same thing on every cord ive tried. next im thinking something is wrong with the amp, so i try my other amp, a little spider III, that thing is humming horribly too both plugged into same outlet they have always been in. i tried them both in different rooms upstairs, all the same hum. so im thinking has something to do with the house? any ideas? i put a boat load of christmas lights up, thought that might be it, but i turned them all off, still same thing. im stuck ,whats goin on here?
if it isnt the chords, the amps, or electrical interference then its the guitar or a pedal if u have any
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
i have a schector diamond custom, a washburn, and an acoustic washburn with a duncan pick up, and carvin cobalt acoustic. they are all humming, every cable hums, and both amps hum. never had a problem before, it seems it has to have something to do with my house, but i have no idea what to look for? i could take my smaller amp to work and see if it works on that outlet.
also, the half stack hums whether there is a cable attached or not, the small amp stops humming if you pull the cable out
could be like loose metal or something. i've noticed if u play near drums or anything like that with lose parts, the drums start buzzing
no, im not playing them at the same time.. it seems to be something to do with my outlets, both of my amps have the same static "rhythm" or buzz. its really weird, considering ive never had a problem before...
Last edited by Findinghomer at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by Findinghomer
no, im not playing them at the same time.. it seems to be something to do with my outlets, both of my amps have the same static "rhythm" or buzz. its really weird, considering ive never had a problem before...

LOL

Edit: if its happening on all guitars and amps, then its probably interference from a computer or T.V or something.. I sometimes get that with my computer ...

It also a good idea to stretch out ur guitar cable if its coiled up in a circle while u are playing it could cause an issue ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Last edited by Tatsumaru at Dec 15, 2009,
yea tatsumaru, i understand the cpu interference etc.... but i turned everything off. i did however figure something out, they worked fine this morning after my outside christmas lights been off all night! so im thinking hmmmm maybe its the christmas lights, so i turned them on,, check about half hour later,,, its back, static noise. really weird, so, i turned the christmas lights back off, i was still gettin a buzz about hour later . goin to check again here soon. but it seems to definately be some kind of interference im getttin in my outlet . just not sure why. or what
Last edited by Findinghomer at Dec 16, 2009,
Maybe theres a filter or something that can be installed to fix that ... Like an adsl filter but for power lines. I wouldnt know though because im not an electrician. Maybe you could ask one for some advice..

The only other thing that i can think of is maybe u are plugging the amp into a power adapter along with other devices. The adapter might be causing the problem. Try plugging it straight into the wall outlet. Although if u are plugging it in the wall directly or you have tried it before without success then im sorry but i cant really help u out any further .
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.