I've just gotten my first tube amp to replace my old solid state amp that I've had for a few years. In setting the tube amp up I'm a tad unsure of what to do with the different ohm outputs. My head has 2 8 ohm outputs, and a single 16 ohm output, while my cab has 2 inputs. How should I set this up? Do I use both 8's into the two speaker inputs, or is that second speaker input for attaching a second head? Sorry for being so noobish, but I would prefer to not obliterate my brand new amp by blowing it because I can't set it up properly...
the two 8 ohm out puts on the amp are for running two 8 ohm cabs which would total out as 16 ohms. We need to know what your cab is wired for before we can tell you. Give us a model or google it yourself One is for 8 and the others for 16. So you could run your amp on either but 16 amps would open the amp to its full potential but 8 would be quieter
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Ah I see, it's a 16 ohm cab, so then I should just run it off of the one 16 ohm output from the cab?
Quote by Gwogis
I am indebted to you all.

My car needs to be washed.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
My car needs to be washed.

You receive my wit award for the day.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.