I know that guitar pro and power tabs are much more accurate than the normal tabs, but I cannot figure out how to download either of them. If you can help me that would be fantastic.
Download Tux Guitar it's free and google it.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
well, to download guitar pro you'll either have to pay, or get it through <_< >_> less than legitimate means.

but power tab is free and I don't see how you're having trouble with it. just go to their website and download it.

or you could download tux guitar which will open guitar pro and power tab, and it's free. just search google.
torrent it up!

not that i'm condoning illegal downloading...*shifty eyes*
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Power Tab's download page: http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php
Guitar Pro's download page: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=download&PHPSESSID=9116766e46865e6948be2d22e3cbfa14 Guitar Pro full version with RSE isn't free. This is a trial. Guitar Pro also views Power Tab files.
TuxGuitar's download page: http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/download.html As mentioned, it reads Guitar Pro and Power Tab tabs. I just don't like their layout.
Last edited by ctb at Dec 15, 2009,
1. Buy them online

or

2. Download Tuxguitar, which can read any and all GuitarPro/Powertab files
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
They're not more accurate, just easier to use, and have notes. Power Tab is free, but you can GP for free too, if you know what I mean ...
Go to the Power Tab website.
EDIT: Also, GP can read both PT and GP, and is better, sounds better and easier to use (plus you can add drums!).
Last edited by jimmyled at Dec 15, 2009,
Judging from the first post, it sounds like the threadstarter doesn't know that he needs to download the actual software first and is just trying to download the tabs without having either program installed.

Powertab is free, Guitar Pro is better but costs money. It, like anything else, can obviously be obtained free of charge at a reasonably low risk, but you don't sound like the kind of person that really knows how to do that. No offense. As other people have said, Tuxguitar is probably your best bet, since it's free and it can read both types of files.

You'll have to actually install the software on your computer and THEN try and open the PT and GP files.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Prototype4342
torrent it up!

not that i'm condoning illegal downloading...*shifty eyes*

99% of guitar pro torrents will harm your computer.

like. youll get errors with explorer.exe ****ing up all the time.
^Pretty sure you overestimated with that percentage there.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
alright godofcheesecake i already have guitar pro and i just need to know how to get songs from this site on to guitar pro itself. HOW?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Search for the song name or band name in the search box in the middle of the page near the top. Find the song you want to download the tab for, make sure you are only searching for guitar pro tab files (by clicking the type of file you want to search for in the top right hand side of the search results), click the one you want then hit download. Open the file with guitar pro.
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Quote by GisleAune

You just don't know where to look
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
Quote by GisleAune

If you're a dumb ass.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.