anybody know of any good/decent distortion pedals for about $30-$60...i gotta tube overdrive pedal but i need more push/drive/distortion...im aiming for the sound that john frusciante gets in "dani california (on the chorus and solo)" i know that hes uses the boss turbo-2 pedal..but does anyone know of anything similar but cheaper?
thanks
Check out some of the danelectro pedals, the cool cat ones preferably, they have decent tone on a budget.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
um i am using a crate amp currently (and it pretty much sucks) thats why I need a "heavy" sound...coz the amp (well at least from my experience) wont mess up a heavy sound too bad like it messes up my clean sound
Boss DS-1. Exactly what you described, but cheaper.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I picked up my Boss Turbo Distortion for like $40 from my local Music Go Round.

Maybe something like a used Boss DS-2?
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
honestly i would hold off on pedals untill you got a better amp. But if you cant than a cheap tubescreamer clone will do what you want.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Check out some of the danelectro pedals, the cool cat ones preferably, they have decent tone on a budget.

+1

Danelectro gets knocked quite a bit... but some of their pedals are pretty cool, especially the clones.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Kartman
Boss DS-1. Exactly what you described, but cheaper.

+1 on the DS-1. It's much cheaper and sounds good to me.
For Dani California, here are the pedals that will get you tones like the one you want, in order of price (highest to lowest)

Zvex Fuzz Factory
Big Muff
BOSS DS2

Find a used BOSS DS2, or save up some more $$$.