Hey guys. I just got an edge pro setup into my guitar but the bad thing is that it is just a bit better then my edge III. well its a lot better but it still goes out of tune a bit. so i think ill buy the old locking posts for that. also i read on a forum somewhere that when you have the tremolo arm in and spin it around the round thing at the top should be spining around with it. but mine isn't! So any help will be appreciated heaps. Thx!
Quote by tom708
new strings?

Yeah when i got it setup i had the guy put 56-12s in and tune it 2 drop C.
You'll need to replace the inserts with the locking studs, the Edge Pro inserts have no base, so when you lock the inner stud it'll just push into the wood. The older inserts have a solid base so they can lock.
That also shouldnt be too much of a problem with stability, is the trem set up properly?
EDIT: just read you had it set up. The strings will need to stretch first, and so will go out of tune a bit.
Last edited by littlephil at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by littlephil
You'll need to replace the inserts with the locking studs, the Edge Pro inserts have no base, so when you lock the inner stud it'll just push into the wood. The older inserts have a solid base so they can lock.
That also shouldnt be too much of a problem with stability, is the trem set up properly?
EDIT: just read you had it set up. The strings will need to stretch first, and so will go out of tune a bit.

Yeah i've had my guitar back for about 1 and a half weeks and the guy stertched the strings too. and yeah its setup properly the guy specalizes in floyd rose setups and he said there was something definatally wrong with mine.i gave it back to him twice because the first time it whent miles out of tune with the tremolo bar in. also would the locking studs help alot with the tuning or not because i was thinking about buying some. Thx!
They wont do much if there is something wrong with it. Did the tech tell you what was wrong? They would only help if there was trouble with the posts moving, and wont make a huge difference to tuning stability.
also can someone tell me how to fix the tremolo (whammy) bar thing. Im pretty sure the top is meant to spin around when i spin the bar around but it won't and it makes this weird ass noise. thx.
Quote by littlephil
They wont do much if there is something wrong with it. Did the tech tell you what was wrong? They would only help if there was trouble with the posts moving, and wont make a huge difference to tuning stability.

He said something about a post slipping or the cradle slipping im pretty sure it was a cradle slipping because a posts slipping wouldn't make sense lol. also poeple say that when i do double stoppers that the sting im not bending shouldn't change pitch but it does. thx.
Last edited by chrisbytb at Dec 15, 2009,
Well, in that case, locking posts might fix your problems.
As for the bending, its normal for things to go out of tune when you bend on a floating trem.
but like whenever i vibrato or whatever you can see the bridge moving up and down. and by changing pitch i don't mean goin heaps out of tune i mean me bending a string brings the bridge a bit down and it's just like doin a mini dive bomb but when i stop bending it goes back to normal if you get what i mean.
Yep, thats completely normal. Its because the trem works on a balance between the strings and springs in the back. If you put more pressure on the strings (by bending) there isnt enough tension in the springs to keep it level, so it is pulled up.
Quote by littlephil
Yep, thats completely normal. Its because the trem works on a balance between the strings and springs in the back. If you put more pressure on the strings (by bending) there isnt enough tension in the springs to keep it level, so it is pulled up.

KK. Thanx a heap ive been waiting for ages for someone to answer that question that wasnt trying to sell me something instead of answering the question lol. also do you no if the circle nut looking thing on the side of the bridge where you put the tremolo bar in if it's supposed to spin around with the bar when you spin it. thx heaps!
No, that should stay fixed to the bridge. If its spinning you'll need a large flathead screwdriver and a spanner to tighten the nut under the trem that holds it in place.
oh cool. also is it normal for it to be making a weird sort of screechy noise when i spin it and do you know how to tighten the tremolo bar so it doesn't spin as much?
Last edited by chrisbytb at Dec 16, 2009,
Thats always going to be a problem with push in bars, there isnt really a way to keep it in place effectively. If you really dont want it to move, you can buy a Floyd Rose arm with the holder as well for about $30, and put that in there. They can be tightened so they wont move with the little collar that holds them on to the trem.
oh well it doesnt really bother me but is it meant to make a weird like SCREACH noise when you spin it.