#1
I was playing my fender american strat, my arm rubbed against the bridge and electrocuted the hell out of me. Anyone know why my guitar is trying to kill me?
#3
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. Try a different power outlet.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
#5
Dont **** with stuff like this, take it too a tech or you could electrocute yourself again, but possibly worse.

But to be honest i dont really know, it could be something simple, but still i'd take it to a tech.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
#7
Quote by truman42
well this sucks


being without an amp for awhile is better than being dead

do you have an acoustic to play on for awhile???

seriously though...electricity isn't anything to **** around with...definitely get it to a tech.
#8
never happened to me before, it's a three prong plug. The amp was resting on a lamp chord next to it, could that of caused it? It's a cyber twin fender amp...
#9
Quote by truman42
never happened to me before, it's a three prong plug. The amp was resting on a lamp chord next to it, could that of caused it? It's a cyber twin fender amp...



I doudt it.

Is that the same plug you always use?
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
#11
Quote by truman42
yeah.



If thats the case then I'd take it to a tech. Something might have some loose inside the amp that might be a real simple fix.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
#12
It could be a loose ground in either your guitar or amp. You have a strat? Take off the backplate and make sure there is a wire grounded to the bridge assembly there. If not that, it could be an amp problem.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
#13
The wall outlet is not clicking when I plug the amp in meaning the outlet is not grounded, buying a special grounding plug adapter for the outlet tomorrow and hopefully that will do the trick...