Its Christmas time, and I just bought everyone their gifts so I have about 80 bucks or so left over for myself. I'm kind of looking for the sound that Dimebag has, or Zakk Wylde has most specifically. What would the best pedal be for me to get that kinda sound?

I'm using some Joe Satriani like Ibanez guitar(my dad gave it to me a long time ago) with some sort of Seymore Duncan humbuckers. I'm using a 60w Peavey Vypyr dual tube amp, and a 15watt Vox tube.

Also, if 80 bucks isn't enough, I'll be getting about 100 bucks or so during xmas, so I can wait till then, but the sooner the better. Thanks
I'll continue reccomending this thing everywhere.

Barber Dirty Bomb $99

My go to pantera/BLS pedal. Very open sounding (Not sloppy or fizzy), very heavy, no hiss/hum, can get very tight sounding too. Cant say a bad word about it.
Last edited by beckyjc at Dec 15, 2009,
^havent heard of that one but ill check it out

ill recommend the digitech hardwire TL-2 metal distortion. a slightly cheaper version would be the digitech metal master

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

The Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal distortion is what I'd suggest.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.