Personally, i dont think if pay for that. Try to talk him down 200 bucks and it might be worth it. Maybe even a hundred wouldnt be the worst buy.
For $950 you could find a lot more higher end used guitars, even if you saved up a little more than $950.

I agree with nick though, haggle it down about $200 if you want it that much. You could get the same guitar (except not an early 90s one unless you looked hard enough) and buy the pickup for it and have a total of around $600 or $700.
dude dont pay that price for it! i have a 2008 alder stratocaster that i paid $723 for brand new out of the box... that dudes asking way too much for it, for $50 more you could buy a brand new one.
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
That's a terrible price, honestly. I got a 2005 Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster on CL for $700, and I've seen American Standards go for $500 every so often. Keep an eye out for a better deal.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Strats are generally good, and I like them with Ash bodies, but you need to play it for yourself to be sure.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...