I was just wondering what the status between Megadeth and Metallica is right now, because it seems like Dave Mustaine and Metallica are actually making up. Though this confuses me and really doesn't make sense since Metallica put Dave through so much crap. Dave is a pretty cool guy though, maybe he's just trying to put it all behind him. Does anyone have any insight?
And please no trolling unless you're actually going to make an attempt to be funny about it.

EDIT:
Alright, I'm tired of Metallica fans getting butthurt over this thread.
Yeah, Dave Mustaine was quite a druggy and alcoholic way back in the day.
Yeah, it did happen 30 years ago.
Yeah, they kicked him out for being a druggy and alcoholic and being a douche 30 years ago.
And I'm aware of starting the last three sentence with "Yeah,"
And as long as you're aware that as we insult Dave Mustaine with gay jokes, I hope you realize you're making fun of Metallica too.
Just so long as you're aware.
Last edited by CobainReborn at Dec 15, 2009,
Pretty sure Hetfield and Mustaine are seeing each other.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Try asking the Metallica thread, they'll know what they're talking about (maybe).
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Dave is on good terms with James and Lars.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/03/04/dave_mustaine_turns_down_metallica_hall_

"Metallica, as you know, has been selected to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, it is with much respect that I say congratulations! I also had the nice surprise of hearing that they called to invite me to the pre-ceremony party the night before, and then to the actual ceremony. Unfortunately, as you all know, I will be winding down our European tour with Judas Priest, so I will be unable to attend."

"However, I'd like to say to Lars (Ulrich) and James (Hetfield), I am so very proud of all you have accomplished. Thank you for the invitation and thinking of me."
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Dec 15, 2009,
plus it happened like 30 years ago. Pretty sure there's not many reasons to hold a grudge for that long.
See above post ^
anyone else kinda hoping for dave to play a song or two with metallica when they play sonisphere? i was thinking when they close with seek and destroy dave joins them, 80s style
NOPE
Quote by Dirge Humani
And he means this sexually.

What?

No, I just meant they got new glasses.

...Okay, yeah, I meant sexually.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by CobainReborn
I was just wondering what the status between Megadeth and Metallica is right now, because it seems like Dave Mustaine and Metallica are actually making up. Though this confuses me and really doesn't make sense since Metallica put Dave through so much crap. Dave is a pretty cool guy though, maybe he's just trying to put it all behind him. Does anyone have any insight?
And please no trolling unless you're actually going to make an attempt to be funny about it.

I pretty sure Mustaine showed up drunk to practice kicked James dog drank way to much and flipped the van nearly killing the whole band but whatever its Metallica's fault sure bro.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by NY_FootBall49
I pretty sure Mustaine showed up drunk to practice kicked James dog drank way to much and flipped the van nearly killing the whole band but whatever its Metallica's fault sure bro.

This. It was Dave's fault he got kicked out.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
not only are they seeing eachother (sexually) i heard Dave was pregnant with james love child, thats what I heard anyways?
Butcher
who gives a ****? isn't this the metal equivalent of gossiping about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie?
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by CobainReborn

wat
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by brad_butcher
brad pitt even know i good actor, this is not ultimate-movie-stars.

mur?

This isn't ultimate-mediocre-metal-bands-clinging-on-to-their-past.com either.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I think they they are all cool now.

Megadeth is touring with Slayer and those two have had long time feuds.

Yeah I think Dave is becoming a pretty cool guy now.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
They better be on good terms, happening like 30 years ago and all. :\
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by CobainReborn
Dave is a pretty cool guy

I think Dave Mustaine is a pretty cool guy. eh formed Megadeth and doesn't afraid of anything...

Sorry.

I love Megadeth, though. Never really cared about the whole 'Deth/'Tallica thing. Megadeth are my favourite metal band and that's that. =]
Well i think they're ok but deep down inside mustaine is still a little butt hurt